(7) HYSEA : The City Of Hymans II

----------------------------------➛

Morning came as fast as the night had disappeared and I'm wide awake in the early morn, washing away the dirt that had accumulated on my clothing.

As lazy as I am, I wasn't accustomed to being dirty of sorts which explains why my ass is planted on the ground as I scrubbed my shirt against each other.

"And here I thought washing machines were complicated." I grumbled as I wiped the sweat away from my forehead.

"Washing machines?" A voice from behind asked me.

Completely taken aback, I was forced to drop my shirt and look behind me. With wide eyes I looked over to see Flare in casual clothing.

My shock slowly turns into a frown, "Since when did you get here?" I replied.

"It isn't appropriate for a question to be answered with another question. But nonetheless, to answer your question, just now."

"Right."

The awkwardness is high today and I don't want to experience any more of it. Lord, it was higher compared to when Ame asked me what the colour of her... panties were. No, don't ask me why she asked me that. She didn't tell me the reason and I don't want to learn about it.

Meanwhile

"Are you sure this would work, boss? We're basically planning our death stage." A man in the hood asked as he goes over the plan.

A man with a rounded belly, dressed in rather suspiciously expensive clothing laughed. His hair was... nonexistent, he was caressing his beard as if he was thinking deeply.

"What do you think of me, Gerald? A nobody with no brains?" He scoffed, "Of course it would work you dumb ruffian! Just get on with the plan!"

The man in the hood sighed at his employer, he hoped it wouldn't be like this since they're dealing with.. a paranormal force.

But it can't be helped.

"Alright, the plan will commence. I'll go and inform the squad to prepare for the afternoon." He said before disappearing in the shadows.

Back To Y/N
Your POV

"Are you sure you don't want me to cook?" She asked as she stood by the door frame.

I shook my head as I gathered the vegetables on the counter, "after experiencing an early death yesterday? I wouldn't miss it for the world."

That's true, you almost died yesterday.

Yeah, shut up.

"What do you mean by an early death? Are you saying that my cooking is poisonous?"

I looked at her, she was crossing her arms over her torso with a pout. "Not necessarily poisonous, I wouldn't describe it like that. Yours was more... Dangerous?"

-

"Yep, I should've been careful with my words." I looked up to see her fuming head slowly calming down.

"What do you have to say for yourself, you ill-mannered trash?" She demanded with a glare directed at me.

God, after experiencing that beat down? I don't even know what to say.