(4) Arleth

A/N: I don't understand why the image didn't show at the previous chapter. Can you tell me if the image is there?

Enjoy.
----------------------------------

You sigh as you flop down on the desk. "I didn't know I'd be studying history and geography just after I learn their own language."

Coco came to you some days later and she talked about the schedule of when she'd be available. Good thing she's free of what bothered her for now. And currently, she's monitoring your actions as to how you'd fare if she lets you study on your own with your own understanding and while Aqua wanted to help, Coco refused to let her so now you're sitting in this wooden chair inside the library with books piled on top of each other filled of information about their world.

"Well, what are you slacking for, Y/N? Did you not want to learn about Arleth?" Coco sits down in front of you and pokes your cheek with her finger.

You look at her with an exhausted sigh, "I thought you were just gonna be telling me about the history of Arleth." You explained, "like a fantasy world or something.."

"You're like a pathetic loser! How come you get tired just by reading these books?" Pekora chimed in as she sat besides you with a smug face.

You slumped even more, now that she's joining the fray..this shit's bound to get irritating. "Well, princess, I'm not smart like you who was homeschooled at the castle."

"H-huh? Who said that?! I mean-you really are not smart." She stuttered which made you snicker before she regains her composure as she places a hand on her chest.

Coco sighs as she sees the banter you two have been going over. So with an unknown feeling in her chest, she breaks you two off as she suggests a better solution. "Well, why don't we just tell you directly the history of Arleth, the kinds of beings living there and the geography of it? Like the story you want it to be. What do you think?"

Your eyes shines as you takes her hands in yours, eliciting a flustered reaction from her which you of course noticed yet said nothing about it. "That's a great idea! You could've just said so! So let's get to it!"

"Like, right now? That's absurd peko! Why doesn't he just study the books you've given him? I'll even take over your duties for you so you can rest!" Pekora suggests but Coco frowns as she shakes her head. Was Pekora trying to get Coco to rest so she could have Y/N to herself?

"Bruh. Pekora. Let's just go along with Coco's plan, it'd be much faster and fun!" You say as you look over at Pekora who just pouts as she sits back down on her chair as you did too.

"I know what else is fast and fun~ Wanna try it out, Y/N~?" Marine who appeared out of nowhere sneaked up on you as she places arms around your neck.

"Oii, Marine!! Get off of him!" Pekora says as she pries Marine off who has a knowing look on her face.

"Are you jealous? Hehehe." She says before disappearing.

You look at Pekora with no emotions on your face whatsoever. "What? I wasn't jealous. I just had a bad feeling of Marine, she gives everyone here chills when she's like that. Especially Aqua, her target everytime! So I wasn't jealous.. I was only looking out for you...." She rambles but you and Coco know better.

'She's trying so hard to convince me, as expected of a tsuntsun!' You thought amusedly at the rabbit.

"Agh whatever! Let's just get started, Coco!" She snaps out as she requests Coco with furrowed eyebrows and a frown due to the prior scene.

Timeskip

"Let's start with the races first before moving to the history of this world we call Arleth." Coco says, "There were originally six races: The humans, demi-humans, the elvens, hymans, the supernaturals and the demons but as time went on. The humans gradually disappeared without a trace, leaving the whole world to wonder where there whereabouts are."