(8) Plus One!

"Here, take this," Flare shoved another bag on my already filled arms without any other reply as we continued on our way around the markets.

"And this."

Another one.

"And this."

Another one.

"And this--"

"How much more are there?!" I snapped, causing the crowd to stop what they were doing and turn to look at us in concern. We, or I, quickly apologized and they went back to what they originally were doing.

"You're such a troublesome human aren't you?" Flare snickered.

I scoffed as we continued walking. "At least I'm not barbaric."

"When is this gonna end?" I asked Flare who was looking at some meat displayed on one of the stalls. I just stood there waiting.

"After this, we're gonna get some hotsog and then we'll go home." Flare replied without looking back, her focus on the meat. "Ah, I'd like these sir. You can keep the change, yes. No problem, thank you!"

"Hotsogs? You mean.." I let out in bewilderment. Are hotdogs not only international but universal?

"Were you that secluded to not know about hotsogs?" She snickered, "I pity you."

"I don't need your tasteless pity, thanks." I smiled to keep my annoyed temper in check.

"Anyways, let's go. I want to taste if these hotdogs you speak of are tasty." Tastier than I know. She took my wrist and dragged me somewhere away from the market and by the stalls.

We stood in front of the hotsog stand and we each ordered one. After Flare and I got our hotsogs, we went to a fountain nearby and sat on the edges as I placed the bags down on the ground.

God it was exhausting. You were exhausted, but nevertheless you were glad to rest for a bit. Your eyes lit up when you taste the hotsog.

"Damn! It's tasty!" I took another bite and Flare looked at me with sincere eyes and a faint smile.

"I'm glad you find it tasty." She meeked out but then she realized dwhar she said, "I mean, of course it is. It's a worldwide product!"

"Right. Yeah." She really thought she was slick. We continued to eat our hotsog.

I noticed a familiar figure sitting besides us with food in her grip.

I turned and looked at the white-haired girl, "Kanata?"

Kanata whipped her head in my direction and lets out a gasp. "Y/N? Flare? What- what a coincidence!" She said as she forced a smile. I raised a brow at her action.

"It is a small world. Nice to see you again." Flare smiled as she leaned a bit to see Kanata.

"..right." I muttered. Is it just me or is she acting fidgety right now?

Kanata's leg bounced on the sole of her feet, as if she was nervous of something as she took small bites of her banana crepe.

My eyes focused on her hair and face. I'm pretty sure I've seen her somewhere.. White hair with blue streaks and blue ocean eyes.