9) Movie Time

Quick A/N: So I went from 300 views on chapter 7 to 90 on chapter 8. WHAT HAPPENED? Please try to get this story out there. Recommend to your friends, comment, vote, whatever. I thank you! Love ya, thanks for sticking with me!

Lily's P.O.V

You could say I was conflicted. I wanted to go home, but I didn't want to kill my mum and my sister. I wanted to talk to Severus and confine into his secrecy, but I also wanted to kill him. I wanted to strangle bloody James Potter, but.. 

"Miss Evans, you seem out of it today," Professor Slughorn commented as he walked past my desk in the middle of class. "Your potion is more violet than purple, my dear. What's wrong?" Ugh! That stupid crow's foot! I knew my calculations while cutting were wrong. Marlene gibbering away next to me wasn't much help, but  normally I was able to channel her out while I was working. Today I had too much on my mind between my family, James, and Sev, that I couldn't even prepare the most basic of potions without a small flaw.  

"Nothing, sir!" I chirped, giving him my best smile. "Just feeling a bit faint, you know. Didn't get much sleep last night." Well, it  wasn't a complete lie. Just that I don't get much sleep any night. 

Slughorn didn't seem very convinced. "If you need anything, ask," he commanded before continuing to supervise the rest of the class. "These potions are looking sluggish!" He shouted. "We want purple, not blue, people!" 

Today the class was much quieter than usual, probably because James and his gang weren't here. They got free passes to skip class every month, for whatever reason, I had stopped whining about it in first year when McGonogal wouldn't budge, and today was one of their days off. I was always a bit relieved when this happened because James would return too tired to annoy me. I never had to deal with his reckless shenanigans. But then there was a weird feeling that something was missing. There was an absence in the classroom where the ever screaming foursome usually was. It was like that stupid puzzle piece you dropped under the sofa ages ago and the puzzle is done except for that, and it looks pretty great other than that stupid piece under the couch that didn't really make sense with the rest of the picture anyway. And then months later you are vacuuming and you find the piece and you laugh because it's really stupid but you're also annoyed because where was it when you needed it months ago? No? Too much? Okay. 

"Earth to Lily!" Marlene shouted, shoving my shoulder. "You almost dumped your tea into our potion! What planet are you on today?" She asked, taking the thermos from my hand and putting it on the floor beside her. 

"Mars," I muttered, running a hand through my heavy hair. "Sorry, Mar." 

"This is a potion that's  supposed to make food taste better- not make everything taste like-" She paused to pick up my tea and figure out what kind it was "-Herbal Lavender Blueberry! Bloody hell, Lily, you're in some weird teas."

I grabbed the thermos from her. "Don't judge my tea!"

James' P.O.V

I felt like she was teasing me. Did she like me or not? And if she didn't like me, who did she like? How could I win her over? I wasn't even sure if I was asking the correct questions. Should I be winning her over, or should I lay low and let her come to me. What if she didn't come to me? Ever? Ugh! All of this wondering about girls (or... girl) was giving me a headache.

"Woof!" A deep bark snapped me out of my thought. Sirius, in the form of a black dog, nodded towards the frozen Womping Willow. Beside him, Remus was sweating and trembling. We never cut it this close. With one glance toward the school, I leaped after them, nudging Remus along with one of my antlers. He gave me a quick, grateful smile that was quickly replaced by a grimace of pain and trembling. Sirius and I met eyes and exchanged nervous stares. Being animals meant it was nearly impossible to communicate, but it also was much easier to read each others' body language. For example, it was a lot easier to tell when Peter was uncomfortable when he was a rat. Rats are particularly bad actors, or maybe just this rat.