15) The Plan(s)

Lily's P.O.V

"Marlene, that's a terrible idea!" James grumbled, sitting cross legged on his bed. His normally energetically restless hair sat in a depressed flop and it made me sad just to look at him. Losing Sirius was really taking a toll on him. 

"I agree. We don't even know where he'd be or if he'd be in the castle at all! What if we got caught!" Remus shouted. 

"That's insane. The chances of actually finding him are negative!" Peter whined. "The chances of being kidnapped, murdered, and caught are much, much, much higher!"

Marlene glanced at me. "Lily? Your thoughts?" She prompted. 

I was sitting half asleep on the foot of Remus' bed. Don't ask me how I got here, but I remember Marlene waking me up in my bed and the next second her waking me up on the floor of the boy's dorm.  Madame Promfrey had given me some new sleeping potion she'd made herself and it seemed to work a little too well. "Hold  on... Sirius is missing?" I asked, yawning. 

James huffed. "Yes, Evans! Get with the program!" He grumbled. "Sirius is missing and Marlene wants us to freaking sneak out and search every freaking inch of the castle to see if he's there!" 

Remus shook his head. "You know that means touching every brick, walking every hallway several times, enchanting every tile, to see if there are secrets. I would take an infinite amount of years! Not even Dumbledore knows every inch of this place. What if it never ends? What if there are corridors that go on forever? There's no telling what we could find, Marlene." 

"What about the map?" Peter suggested. 

"Sirius had it last," James snapped. 

"Wait, what map?" Marlene asked, squinting at the boys. 

James shook his head. "Marauders stuff, Marls, you wouldn't get it. It's none of your business, really." 

Marlene stood up to give him a challenging glare. "First of all, marauders? Is that what you clowns call yourselves? Second of all, Sirius is my friend. If this map thing can help us find him, it's 100% my business. And Lily's," she said, placing her hands on her hips. "We're a team now, like it or not. You guys can't keep secrets from us anymore, right Lily?' 

"Sure," I mumbled, only half following the conversation. 

"It's nothing, Marlene, really!" Peter piped up quickly, his cheeks turning a bit rosy. "Just a little map we guys whipped up of the school. A few secrets we know of, that kind of stuff." 

Remus shot him a look as if he'd said too much. "Two or three hidden classrooms, that kind of thing." 

"Why would Pettigrew suggest that it would help us, then?" Marlene asked. The way the faint light of James' wand touched her face made her look a bit like an angel, though her attitude made her the devil. With no makeup, even her eyelashes looked blonde. I'd never really noticed that outside of my sleep-drunken state. I'd also never noticed that lonely little freckle James had hiding under his chin. Poor freckle. It was beautiful, even more beautiful than Marlene, in a way. I wanted to kiss it. Damn, I was tiered if I was thinking things like that. 

Both James and Remus shot a warning glare at Peter, but he  was already blabbering away. "Becausewemagicallyenchantedittoshowtheexactlocationofanyoneaslongastheyreintheschool!" He said it so fast, I couldn't catch any of it,  but it seemed to make a whole lot of sense to Marlene.  

"How the hell? I don't... Lily, is that possible?" Marlene shouted. I looked at her blankly. "You're dumb as shit when you actually get sleep. Never mind. If this map is a thing- which I'm not sure it is,  where would it be?"