4) Deatheaters Wish My Sister A Happy Birthday

A/N COVER CONTEST :)

****Lily****

"This is the worst thing I have ever put on my body," I muttered, staring at my reflection in the head-to-toe mirror in my mother's room. It's bright purple and sparkly with giant bows all over it, making it impossible to move. I left a trail off glitter everywhere I went. The shoulder parts had those giant bubble things over them and the shirt was poofy, ending at my ankles.  EVery eight-year-old's dream. "Muuuuum! What is this? I thought I was the birthday girl's sister- not the bride's maid of honor!" I whined, running my hands down the sandpaper-like fabric.

My father looked up from his paper where he was reading on the bed. "It's fine, dear," He muttered.

Mum went for a different approach, tugging and pulling at it to try to make it different. "How about this? Maybe if you put it on back words-"

"Mum!" I shouted. "My. Hair. Is. Red! This dress is purple!" By this point, Marlene was nearly pissing herself, rolling around on my parents' bed. "See? Marlene agrees! I cannot wear this!"

"Your sister chose it," My mother said sadly.

My hands magically balled into fists. "Of course she did," I growled. "Mum- get the keys. We're returning this dress and getting one that actually looks okay on my body. This is an outrage!" I spat, as if I was scolding my child. "Of course Tuney would do this to me. Of course! That bloody monster! Oi, I'm going to kill that girl someday!"

"I've lost the reciept, dear, and it's much to late.  We'd miss the party," Mum told me nervously.

Marlene sighed and got up. "I guess I could work my magic," My mom's eye3s grew wide. "Not with magic, of course, Mrs Evans!" She squeaked. "Sorry, I forgot you guys are muggles- is that offensive? I mean-"

"Mar, stop now," I grumbled. "Let's try to figure out how to save this pathetic thing," I sighed, looking down at my hopeless dress. In a way, I felt bad for it. My mum bought it, thinking I'd look beautiful in it, and here I am, telling it that it's not good enough. Telling it that it's one job- my wearing it- it's so bad at, I have to change it. Oh well. I thought. Everyone needs a little makeover.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"First thing's first," Marlene said, admiring my figure. We had forced my parents out so that we could give them the grand reveal. "Those bows. I want them off. Now," She advised. That when she grabbed onto the biggest of bows at my waist and yanked it off. It dislodged itself surprisingly easily. "Hm, easy enough. Help me get the other ones," She said, pulling off one plastered to my shoulder.

More than happily, I tore off all of the bows and watched them collect in a neat, glittery pile on the floor. "We are so gluing those to Petunia's car later," I said.

Marlene looked pleased. "Great! Those bows were horrible. Now, those... sleeves? Straps? Shoulder pads?" She tried, raising an eyebrow. "I want them off." With one simply movement, I had torn them off and thrown them with the bows on the floor. The new straps were thin and purple, but reasonably better. "The sparkles have got to go," Decided Marlene.

I sighed. "How? Scrape them off?" Marlene smiled. I bit my lip and began to scrape the glitter off. It took  half an hour and two minutes, but eventually we got the worst off. "Now what? I'm thinking the skirt."

"Definatly the skirt," Marlene agreed. "Where do you people keep your knives?"

"How about scissors?" I offered. "My mum always keeps them in her purse for reasons like this." Marlene's eyes widened nervously. "She has two teenage daughters. It makes sense!" I said, grabbing them from the bag on the bed. "Do you know how to use scissors?" I asked before handing them the Marlene.