1) The Quidditch Match Of Bromance And Broomance

"Oh, come on, Lily! You've got to come!" One of my best mates, Alice shreiked gleefully. "It's the first game of the year! Everyone is going. You have to come!" I knew the only reason she wanted to go is because her huge crush, Frank Longbottom, was going to be there. The only reason I didn't want to go was because of James Potter. But if I did go, I'd have an excuse to avoid Severus.

"Please!" Marlene pleaded. "It will be so much fun!" She added.

"Yeah!" Mary said. "The three of us are going, but if you want to sit here and mope all day with that weird Snape guy, be our guest."

I sighed and rolled my eyes. "Fine! I'll go, but I'm bringing my book. Someone get me a Gryffindor scarf or something, it's getting cold out," I said quietly, trying despratley hard not to look at the girls and to focus on the Autumn leaves falling softly out the window.

--------------------------------------------------------------****------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I'm going to wish the team luck!" Frank Longbottom said. "Anyone coming?" He asked.

Remus Lupin and Peter Petigrew got up regrettingly. "I suppose we'd better," Peter said, as if it was a burden. "Sirius will kill us if we don't!"

Mary and Alice laughed, Marlene just rolled her eyes. "We'll come, I suppose," She said. "Not like we've got anything better to do. Come on, Lily, let's go before it's to late," She urged me. I stayed glued to the seat, my eyes wandering across the page of my book as I pretened to read so intently that I couldn't  hear a word they were saying. "Lily! I know you're not reading, get up!" She shouted.

I sighed and placed the book on my lap. "No, thank you. I'll save your seats so no one comes," I offered politley.

"Suits yourself," Remus muttered and began to walk away, scratching the back of his head.

"No. You're coming with us," Mary said, seizing my hand and tugging me along.

Now, I sighed because there wasn't anything else I could do as we apporached the team. Sirius smirked at us and James winked. They both walked over to us boastfully with their brooms in hand as if they were trophies or something. They reminded me of male gorillas trying to show their domenince with their chests stuck out and their chins held high.

"Oi, we came to wish you luck," Frank explianed, doing one of those muli-meaningful upwards headnods that guys do and that Marlene always goes insane for.

"Come to wish me luck, did you, Evans?" James asked, giving my a confident smirk, like he owned the place.

I frowned. "Bloody likely, Potter," I spat. "I simply came so Alice wouldn't trip over her feet staring at Frank's arse," I explianed smoothly, tucking a lock of red hair behind my ears. Both Alice and Frank turned bright red, but they deserved it. It wasn't exactly a lie after all!

James smirked and messed up his hair for the third time in the past five seconds. Even his small motions like that would annoy me. "Would you like to accompany me to Hogsemede this weekend?" He asked. Did I sense a tone of begging in his voice, or was that just me imagining things? I swore I heard a  bit of plead.

"Nope," I answered, popping the 'P'. "In fact, I've got a date. Fancy that, Potter."

"No you haven't!" James argued, his eyebrows furred togther.

This sign ofr aggrivation made me smile. "Yes, I have," I dared, the smirk on my face growing larger. "And much unlike the past dates I've tried to go on, you can't sabbotage this one."

"Is that so, Evans?"

"It is indeed, Potter?"

"And why is that, Evans?"