18) The Return

Lily's P.O.V

The six of us walked to Dumbledore's office in complete silence. What we did was illegal. I could never be Prime Minister now. At least none of us used magic, except for Peter's apperation. But now that I thought about it, we probably should've so the Ministry could've found the warehouse. Well... there goes my dream of being Prime Minister of Magic. I did notice Remus and Sirius walking unusually close to one another, which I took as a good sign. Marlene kept looking up at them and grinning. Peter had bags under his eyes as if he hadn't slept in days, and whenever I looked at James, he was already looking at me. 

"I don't know," Dumbledore said when we  entered his office. "What we would do without you students. Brave. Smart. Or maybe you're just completely stupid." 

"Sir, I had no part in this," Sirius mumbled. "All I can do is support it. Why am I here?"

Dumbledore smiled at him. "It was you who evoked this, was it not?" He asked. 

Sirius blushed a little. "I suppose," he shrugged. 

The headmaster bowed his head. "As I was saying. What would we do without you? But let's not dwell on the what-ifs. Let's discuss what did happen. Would anyone care to tell me about the events of this evening?" 

"There's not much to explain, sir," James said. "Lily, Peter, and I hid out on the train. Marlene and Remus purposely got kidnapped. They called us, we apperated, we kicked butt. Sir. Also, erm, we might have messed up the train a little bit so if you want to get someone to check that out, that might be a good idea." 

Dumbledore smiled again. "It's taken care of, Mr. Potter. What you did was a stroke of simple genius. It is my goal as a teacher to have my students act as you have. What you did woudn't just put you in Gryffindor. Ravenclaw, for thinking to do this. Hufflepuff, for not letting the kidnapping of your friend take you down. Slytherin, for being clever enough to pull it off. I've never been more proud of my students." He said with a smile that touched his eyes. 

"Thank you, sir," we mumbled in response. 

"As a result, you'll get 500 house points. Now, return to the dining hall. I assume your peers will be eager to hear about your adventure." 

"Yes, sir," we said. 

"Excuse me, sir!" Marlene spoke up. "Aren't you going to punish us? We sneaked out of grounds, we used magic outside of school, we messed up the train! Don't you think that's worthy of some punishment?" She asked, not realizing she was shouting. 

Dumbledore tapped on his desk. "I thought, Ms. McKinnon, that losing one of your best friends for a while and permanently losing your best friend's father was punishment enough. Unless," his eyes gleamed with humor, "you'd like to do the rest of your dinners in detention?"

"No! I mean- no, sir. Thank you," Marlene chirped. 

We left the office, walking in near since. I felt James fall into step next to me. 

"Hey, Evans. Nice work," he said softly. 

"You too, Potter," I grinned. "I'm glad  we're friends now." 

He smiled back. "Yeah," he said. "Friends."

And it was almost magic when I leaned over and kissed him, something I probably should've done age ago. No Severus' attached. 

A/N:

Woah! Short chapter, long overdue! 

I know I promised this AGES ago, but it's finally over! YAAAAY! 

I will not be writing a sequel but if anyone would like to, do  not hesitate to message me! I'd love to read it and share my ideas. 

I hope you're not TOO mad at me. 

LOOOOOVE YOOOOOOU

Lilytat