5) Daddy is Dead and So Is James

"Why wont you tell me what happened, Evans?" James whined, trailing me in the hallway like a lost child. All I wanted in life was to punch him in his stupid face.

"Why bloody would I?" I snapped whirling around to face him. Everything felt terrible. My heart hurt, my eyes hurt from crying, my throat hurt from not talking, all I wanted to do was hide. Why the hell was James Potter annoying the crap out of me?

James smiled a little. "Because I want to help you?" He said in more of a question than an answer.

Everyone else in Hogwarts was avoiding me as if I had caught The Death or something. Might as well talk to someone. "You want to know what happened Potter? I went home to go to my sister's party. I went to the party. I was attacked by deatheaters. My dad is dead and my best friend is in the hospital. That's what happened!" I shouted, tears filling my eyes again.

"Soo.... you never went on that date?"

"No, Potter. I never went on my date," I growled, storming down the hallway.

James sighed and chased after me, grabbing my arm. "Wait- Evans! Sorry. I am sorry, I really am. My parents are aurors, so I never really know if they're alive or not. If you'd like I could accompany to you to the funeral? I mean, if I'd be nice to have someone from school come with you? Or better yet- Remus. He knows his stuff, I mean-"

"Potter, you don't get it," I said, letting my head falling into my face. "I'm not allowed to go to the funeral!" James deliberately removed his hand from my arm.  "It's my fault he died. Marlene and I still have The Trace, or whatever, on us. The deatheaters were able to tell that two underage wizards were out of Hogwarts. It was stupid of me to even think of going to the party. I'm such an idiot! They tracked Marlene and I for a little fun, planning to kill us just to scare everyone. A reminded they're still there. If I go to the funeral, they'll find me again and kill me and everyone else," A sigh escaped my lips. "Oh Merlin, no one is safe, James! They're going to kill us all!"

He was frozen, staring at me with worried eyes. "Evans, I-"

I rolled my eyes. "I've got to stop talking to you, Potter," I grumbled and continued down the hallway.

At the end of the hallway, something I wasn't expecting was waiting for me, looking me in the eye. Well- in one eye. The other one was swolen shut. "Lily," Severus said shortly.

My heart fell. "Sev!" I said, surprised, throwing my arms around him. "Merlin's arse, what happened to you? Oh, Severus, you wouldn't believe what's happened to me! Are you okay? Who did this to you?"

"Him," Severus growled, looking over my shoulder. "James Potter attacked me, claiming it was my fault that you're afriad of my friends and have insomnia," He said, his cold eyes looking at James. I turned around slowly and raised my eyebrow. "Yesterday before you got back. He approached me with his mangy gang of delinquents and tourmented me until I couldn't stand."

"Potter," I said weakly.

James's face turned pale and clammy. "You see he-"

"I can't believe you," I muttered. "Either of you." I looked up at James and Severus standing next to me. James was being a big-headed super hero as usual and Severus was being a narrow-minded, dark skank. My father was dead! The idiots! "I miss Marlene," I mumbled, sliding my bag farther up my shoulder and watcing the ground as I walk away.

***James's P.O.V***

---One Day Previous---

"Oi, mate, cool it down!" Sirius said, quickening his pace to keep up with me. "I don't think I've ever seen you this pissed at someone before. Have a firewhiskey or something."