three

The four of you walked along the pavement, neighborhood leaving your view as the light of the bonfire was nearing.

You linked your arm with Kelce's pulling him along as you skipped. Belting out song lyrics while your white claw splashed in your hand.

Topper watched as Rafe grinned at the two of you. He dropped his head with a shake, his shoulders rising slightly with laughter.

Rafe turned his attention, "What?" Topper raised his eyebrow shrugging his arms in a surrender.

"Gotta be honest, thought you would've given up by now." Rafe looked down, feeling the heat on his cheeks. "That obvious huh?"

He rubbed the back of his neck. "To everyone but her." Topper flashed Rafe a smile and a pat on the back.

"y/n/n!!" Sarah was the first to see you, pulling John B with her as your sister trailed along. You squealed and pulled her into a hug.

"It's my favorite Cameron!" You yelled smirking over your shoulder with a pointed glare. Rafe rolled his eyes, tongue against his cheek.

"John B how are you! Taking care of both my girls?" You ruffled his hair as he swatted your arm laughing.

"It's easy when they never separate." Sarah and Scarlett simply nodded in response earning a laugh from the group.

The other pogues joined and you caught up for a while before heading off to find more drinks. You felt a small tap on your shoulder and turned to face your sister. "What's up?" You asked noticing a concerned look on her face.

You followed her pointed finger to see who caused her to make such a frown. You inhaled a sharp breath and felt your stomach drop. Theo Anderson, your ex-boyfriend, was standing with a group of the football guys sipping on a beer.

"Just wanted to give you a head ups." Scarlett hugged your waist giving you a squeeze before releasing. You thanked her before downing the rest of the drink in your hand and grabbing a new one.

You started dating Theo at the end of your sophomore  year and stayed together up until right after your senior year.

He went to California to attend Stanford and didn't want to go with a girlfriend. Of course that's not what he said to your face, but you knew that's what he meant.

He was your first love, your first everything. Although you had gotten over it, didn't mean it doesn't hurt still.

Rafe always hated Theo, hated the way he treated you. He wished you would realize what you deserved, which was way better than that guy.

High school Rafe had no idea how to open your eyes. After all he only knew how to 'hate' you, he wouldn't even know how to try and talk to you about your relationship. You would've shut him down anyways since he was really the one who needed advice then.

"Guess who?" Someone spoke bringing you out of your thoughts and grabbing your shoulders. You flinched and let out a gasp while turning your head.

"No way!" You yelled with wide eyes and threw your arms around her shoulders. Besides Topper and Kelce you had one other really close friend, Amelia.

She left the south right away and went to NYU, so you hadn't seen her since graduation. "I missed you so much." You tightened your grip as she laughed, "same here."

Amelia was always the extrovert, spoke her mind and to be frank, didn't take shit from anyone. You always loved that about her since it was something you lacked.

"Coffee and catch up soon?" You asked pulling back and she nodded eagerly. You immediately dragged her over to Topper and Kelce, knowing a certain someone would want to say hello.

Kelce and Amelia hooked up a few times senior year but never went anywhere serious. They still held some feelings though, being so close to both of them you heard each side of the story this past year.

"Look who's here!" You yelled skipping up to the boys with your arm slung around her shoulder. They all turned and immediately smiled, "oh shit Mel!" Topper immediately pulled her into a hug before Kelce and Rafe did the same.

"Happy to be home and happy to get fucked up!" She raised her solo cup and the rest of you followed with a 'cheers'.

You had downed more drinks and now definitely drunk. Your body felt much more relaxed and everything seemed to make you smile. You had broken off from the crew and were walking along the beach, listening to the soft waves crashing.

"Hey y/n/n." You heard the familiar voice nearing you. Once Theo was in your view you smiled and pulled him into a hug, "Theooo!" You giggled as he wrapped his arms around you.

"How's California?" You asked bringing your drink back up to your lips. Your head was fuzzy and your mind was flashing with memories of the time you spent with him.

"It's great, how's SCAD? I know you were really excited about that." His hand was hovering on your waist a bit more than it should. "Oh I looove it, s'perfect!" You smiled as your body swayed back and forth.

"I missed you." His eyes darted to your lips for a second before looking back up. You laughed and furrowed your brows together, "Really?" He simply smiled and nodded, somehow starting to pull you back into where you used to be.

Meanwhile, everyone else was preoccupied. Kelce and Amelia were catching up but mostly flirting, while Topper was chatting with his old teammates. Rafe was leaning back on a tree, arms crossed and slowly sipping his beer.

Multiple girls had tried to come up and talk to him but he shut them down within a few minutes, earning glares from their friend groups. After all he was known as a player back at Kildare Academy, what changed?

After noticing you weren't with either of the boys or your sister he pushed his body off of the tree to look around for you.

His fists tightened at his side seeing Theo all over you. He wasted no time walking over to the both of you, ready to shut it down.

"You broke up with me ya know?" You smirked at Theo, unsure how to respond to his confession. "Biggest mistake I made." His words threw you off as you looked at him with a puzzled look.

Before you got the chance to respond, Rafe was standing right next to you. "Anderson." Rafe acknowledged your ex with a fake smile and an arm around your waist.

You were confused but surprisingly comforted by the feeling, your drunk state unable to care enough to move. "Cameron." Theo looked Rafe up and down, his eyes narrowed.

You shifted your gaze between each boy, easily sensing the tension even when intoxicated. "I'll text you okay?" Theo winked at you, pressing a chaste kiss to your cheek as you simply nodded.

Once he walked away Rafe immediately pulled you in the other direction. His lips pressed in a tight line. "Rafey slow down!" You exclaimed before throwing your head back and laughing.

"Rafey?" He looked down at you with an amused look, remembering the nickname. When you wanted to really piss him off in high school that's what you called him, you loved seeing the way it got under his skin.

"M'tired." You pouted your bottom lip looking up at him with twinkling eyes, his breath caught in his throat. "Don't look at me like that." He shook his head before averting his gaze back in front of him.

"Like what?" You laughed placing your hand on his chest. "Like you actually like me." He smirked placing his hand over yours.

You chewed at your bottom lip, "Never... hate you." You mumbled pulling your arm back to your side feeling like you had gone too far.

He let out a sigh, missing the feeling of your hand on him. "hate you more." He placed his arm across your shoulder and you found yourself leaning into him, liking how his body felt against yours.