seventeen

There was a soft orange glow peeking through the blinds. You looked at how it hit the wall, the blanket, your exposed arm wrapped across your boy. You nuzzled in closer to Rafe, humming contently as he placed a kiss to the top of your head.

"Are you sure we can't just stay here all night." He playfully poked your side, making you laugh. "Tempting... but I already promised Amelia." You rolled onto your stomach, placing your chin on his chest.

He playfully rolled his eyes before nodding. The end of summer was near, but you didn't dare bring that up. You thought maybe if you never said it out loud it just wouldn't be true. Clearly your thoughts were showing on your face, as Rafe looked down at you puzzled.

"Y'alright sweetheart?" He lifted one of his hands up to run his fingers through your hair. You quickly nodded, "Yeah of course." You shook the look off of your face and leaned forward, kissing his lips.

You lifted yourself up a bit, placing your palms on his chest. "If you keep this up... I'm never letting you leave." He smirked into the kiss. You playfully swatted his chest and rose up from the bed, earning an exaggerated groan from the boy.

There was a bonfire tonight since people would be leaving to go back to school soon. It was a way for everyone to make sure they saw each other one last time, more so an excuse to get shit faced.

You had brought the clothes you planned to wear tonight, so you slipped into the bathroom to change quick. Once exiting you saw Rafe had just changed too and you followed him downstairs into the kitchen.

"Drink?" He smiled over his shoulder while rummaging through the cabinets. "Please." You smiled hopping onto the counter. He pulled out the liquor and started making some concoction, but you knew it'd be good.

"Rafe son is that you?" You heard Ward call, causing Rafe to tense up. He quickly shoved the liquor back into the cabinet and handed you a cup. "Yeah dad." Ward rounded the corner, one hand holding onto the wall and he leaned in.

"Ah hello y/n didn't realize you were here." You sheepishly smiled at him and nodded. "Hi it's good to see you." He nodded at you before turning his attention to Rafe. "Are you going out?" He asked, eyeing the both of you.

"Yeah, there's a bonfire on the beach." Rafe took a long sip of his drink. "Alright. Try not to be out too late." He raised an eyebrow at his son and you politely nodded, assuring him you wouldn't be.

You both finished up your drinks before heading outside to wait for Topper to pick you guys up. You sat on the porch, leaning your head on his shoulder, "you okay?" You could feel him nod slightly and he squeezed your hand.

"M'sorry I don't wanna be lame, he's just been pushing me lately." You bit the inside of your cheek, feeling sorry for your boyfriend. "You're doing great." You grab his face and placed a dramatic kiss on his cheek, pulling away with a loud sound.

This got a chuckle out of him which satisfied you. Topper pulled up soon after, blasting his music and screaming at the two of you. You jumped into the passenger seat and smiled wide as you drove to the beach, the night wind blowing in your hair.

You were looking forward to being care free for the night. You felt like time was going too fast and responsibilities were piling up higher. It sounded nice to be a crazy teenager for the night. Rafe too was looking forward to letting go, the pressure of being a Cameron son was becoming a lot for him.

Once arriving the three of you quickly found Amelia and Kelce. You pulled your best friend into a tight hug, holding onto her for dear life. "Why does summer have to end?" You laughed into her hair. She pulled away with a smile, "then let's make tonight the best night ever."

Within the next hour, multiple drinks had been consumed by everyone. You, Amelia, and Scarlett were laughing about jj eating absolute shit just ten feet away. You had your nose crinkled up and you clutched your stomach as you laughed so hard it hurt. Scarlett ran towards her now boyfriend, pulling him in a different direction.

You were glad to see Scarlett so happy, and even though he was a little crazy at times, you knew the Maybank boy would be good to your little sister. Even if he wasn't, you had your boys that you would most definitely send to teach him a lesson.

Rafe looked over, hearing your sweet laugh and wishing he could bottle up the sound. Your hair was messy and blown around from the wind, your face was glowing from the nearby fire. Everything felt a bit hazy and he knew he had too much to drink.

He marched over and wrapped an arm around your waist, and you looked up at him with a wide smile. "Hi." You whispered, still breathless from laughing. "Hey." Amelia, Sarah, and Kie shared a knowing glance, both of you so incredibly lovesick.

You noticed Rafe had a lazy smirk and hooded eyes as you reached up to push some hair out of his face. "You good there?" You teased. "M'okay baby." He rolled his eyes in a joking manner. He looked down to see your empty cup.

"I'll grab you another." He didn't give you a chance to answer before he was heading off towards the coolers, you laughed as he walked away. Rafe stumbled a little on the way, tripping on a stray piece of firewood.

He barely realized what was happening when he tumbled into somebody, spilling his beer on their back. "Shit man, m'sorry." Rafe started to apologize, wiping the liquid off of his shirt. The person turned around and Rafe scoffed.

Theo gave him a dirty look, shaking the beer off of his hands. "Watch where you're going." He spat out. "Dude, it was an accident." Rafe couldn't believe he still had the nerve to act like this after all his shit this summer.

Rafe stepped to the side, ready to move past when Theo placed his hand on his shoulder, pushing him back. "So, did you ditch her yet?" Rafe sucked in a sharp breath, narrowing his eyes. "I mean you are Rafe Cameron right? Hit it and quit it?"

Suddenly only Rafe saw red. He knew you wouldn't want him to fight Theo, he wasn't worth it. But the way he was talking about you made his blood boil. He knew he was just saying it to rile him up, but Rafe was hammered.

He had been in love with you for as long as he knew what love was. So for someone to think that Rafe would just treat you like some other girl pissed him off. Suddenly he threw his fist, and they were down on the sand fighting.

"Fight fight fight!" You heard muffled chanting from the other side of the party. Kelce came running up to the group, "it's Rafe." He breathlessly yelled out and you immediately followed him.

a/n: IM SO SORRY. I know I've been mia for a while. Truthfully my obx hyperfixation has died down quite a bit so it's been hard for me to write but I had to finish this. With that being said, I'm sorry if it isn't all that great but I had fun with it and I appreciate y'all reading!!
I'll upload more chapters tomorrow and I was thinking of doing insta stories from the characters as a cute lil extra.
Thank you again and I'll always have a fat ass place in my heart for Rafe Cameron but Steve Harrington has taken over LMAO.
Ok actually bye thank you and I love you🤍🤍