epilogue

3 years later

"I'm so proud of you!" You ran and jumped right into your boyfriends arms. His cap nearly falling off of his head. The itchy fabric of his gown rubbed against your arms.

"Thank you baby." He smiled and held you tight. He set you down on the ground and you moved over to the other boys. "Oh I might cry." Your lips were slightly pouted and you held your arms out to Topper. He rolled his eyes and pulled you into a tight hug.

"Come on y/n/n no tears." He laughed, patting you on the back. "I just can't believe it! My boys graduated." Kelce smiled at you as you moved towards him. He pulled you into a big hug, squeezing you tight and swaying back and forth, making you laugh.

You had graduated last weekend and all three boys traveled up to celebrate you, and now you were here for theirs. After you forced the boys to take a million photos, all of the families went back to the boys' shared apartment.

Champagne was poured and everyone was in good spirits. You watched as Rafe snuck Wheezie some champagne, making you giggle. She smiled up at her big brother before sauntering back into her conversation with Sarah.

He noticed you looking at him and he made his way to you with a smile. He wrapped an arm around your waist, placing a kiss into your hair. You held his hand and admired the ring he had refused to take off since the day you gave it to him.

"Ready to be back home?" He asked, pulling your attention back towards him. You hummed and nodded, smile evident on your face. This past year he did a lot of thinking as well as talking with you, and he decided he would be going back home to continue working along side his dad.

These past three years they've gotten a lot closer, they were at each other's throats sometimes but it was purely out of wanting what was best for each other. Eventually Ward would retire and Rafe wanted to continue the Cameron legacy.

You had decided you wanted to be back home too. Home is where the heart is and your heart will forever be in obx with Rafe. You had some summer internships and learned a lot, feeling confident enough to start building your own business. After all, the houses of figure eight would be a perfect place for your interior design skills.

"Can I show you something?" Rafe asked, nodding his head towards his room. "Of course." You smiled with a furrow of your eyebrows. He smirked, grabbing your hand and walking you with him.

You stepped inside first as he quietly closed the door. You sat on the bed as he handed you a small wrapped box. You looked up at him with a puzzled expression, "what's this?" He had already given you a graduation gift, and this was his weekend so you weren't sure what this could be.

"Just open it." He smiled at you and moved closer. You gave him an apprehensive look before slowly peeling back to wrapping. Inside the box you first noticed a piece of paper folded up.

Rafe pressed his tongue against his cheek, watching nervously as you pulled the paper out slowly. You unfolded it and your eyes scanned over the page. You first noticed the largest picture, followed by a few smaller ones.

It was a cute one story home, painted white with modern black accents, and the cutest porch that spanned across the front of the house. You looked at the other pictures before looking down to the details.

You noticed the address next, it was not too far from both of your families houses. You snapped your head up to look at Rafe to find him with a wide grin on his face. He held a key between his thumb and forefinger and placed it into your hand.

You quickly put the pieces together and felt incredibly shocked. "Rafe..." You started. "Move in with me?" Your jaw fell open as you studied his face. He could see the gears turning in your head so he continued.

"I know it's small but dad helped me get a good deal and it'll be a great place for us to get started." You finally unfroze and wrapped your arms around his shoulders, holding him tightly. "Yes yes yes of course." You spoke breathlessly.

He chuckled and pulled you in tighter, feeling a wave of relief wash over him. "Are you kidding it's perfect!" You exclaimed, already planning out furniture placements in your head.

You looked over the page a few more times before you both went back out into the living room, large smiles on your faces. Apparently everyone knew about this plan but you, and they were all excited that they could finally talk about it.

"You have to let me help you with the color scheme!" Rose gushed, making you laugh. "Alright let's not hound the girl!" Ward laughed, pulling his wife away as she rolled her eyes.

After a long night of celebrating, you helped the boys pack up the rest of their apartment and drove back to obx. Smiling as you drove down the roads you would continue to call home.

---

Rafe dropped you off at your house so he could drop boxes off at Tanneyhill before taking you to see your new place. Scarlett and jj were in the living room and you said hello to them before your dad called you into his office.

"I missed you honey." He hugged you tightly before motioning for you to sit down. "Missed you too dad, everything okay?" He quickly nodded trying to dismiss any worries. "I owe you an apology."

You knit your brows together, waiting for him to continue. "Your mom and I uh- we've been unfair to you for a while now." You tilted your head and gave him a tight lipped smile, letting him continue to speak.

"We're going to therapy for our marriage, you should've never had to see or deal with any of that, nor Scar." He clasped his hands together and placed them on his desk.

"You are an amazing young woman and a great big sister. Thank you for always being that." His voice cracked on the last sentence. "Dad." You sighed, standing up to pull him into a hug. "I love you honey."

"I love you too." He kissed the top of your head before patting your shoulder. "Now go look at that cute house of yours." You laughed and thanked him.

---

"I'm so excited!" You were practically bouncing up and down in the passenger seat, holding onto Rafe's hand. He let out a breathy laugh, smiling as he stopped at the red light. Looking at you now he still worried he was going to wake up and be nineteen again, that none of this would be real.

He had his dream home, dream life, and all with his dream girl. His smile grew as he pulled down your street, your eyes wide and eager. You jumped out of the truck and made your way to the front door.

Your head swimming with ideas. Christmas light wrapped around the porch, pumpkins by the door for Halloween, and a wreath for every season. Rafe held your hand as he used the other to unlock the door.

He showed you around, smiling as you gaped more at every new room or appliance. "Sarah and Rose are already planning a housewarming party." Rafe scoffed while rolling his eyes, but you both knew he loved the idea.

"I can't believe you kept this a secret for so long." You laughed. "Oh it was so hard, the guys had to take my phone when we were drinking cause I wanted to tell you." He smiled while pulling you into the kitchen.

On the countertop there was a bottle of champagne and two glasses. He popped it open, poured you both a glass as you sat in the barstools facing each other. He raised his glass slightly and you copied him, biting back a smile.

"To the start of the rest of our lives." You pouted your lip at the sweet sentiment, you lightly tapped your glasses together before you pressed a chaste kiss on his lips. "To the rest of our lives together Rafe Cameron."

a/n: THE END AHHH!!!! Thank you all so very much for reading this story! I have a hard time writing stories and usually like to stick to imagines, obvi since my last fic was Hayes Grier I was thirteen😵‍💫 lmaooo So truthfully I fell out of it towards the end and lost writing motivation but I still hope it's good and y'all like it! I do want to continue writing some blurbs of their future and past so look out for that :) I've been on Wattpad for so long and have constantly come and gone through fandoms, and I'm happy to have a safe place to be <3 THANK YOU THANK YOU BEAUTIFUL FRIENDS!!!