fourteen

You smiled at Rafe as he posed with his family, looking absolutely dashing in his light blue suit and combed back hair. "You bitch." You quickly turned around to see your sister with her hands on her hips.

You gave her an amused smile, knowing that Sarah had most definitely spilled. "Why didn't you tell me!" She asked. "I wasn't sure of anything yet Scar I didn't want to jinx it." You explained, absentmindedly playing with your new ring.

She narrowed her eyes at you before breaking out into a full smile. "I am so happy about this." You threw your head back laughing before pulling your sister into a hug.

Walking in with the Camerons meant a grand entrance. You felt a bit nervous but instantly relaxed as Rafe grabbed his hand in yours. After chatting with a few of the families you spotted Amelia and excused yourself.

You grinned widely at her and she opened her arms once seeing you, quickly pulling you into a hug. "Holy shit you look so good." She beamed looking at your dress. You held her hands and stepped back to look at her.

"Are you kidding look at you! Damn mel." You both smiled. "I have something to tell you." You hadn't told her about the kiss yet, it was nice to have it just between you and Rafe even only for a day or two.

Amelia's brow raised as she eyed you suspiciously. She could see Rafe standing behind you in a conversation, but his eyes were practically glued to you. Amelia looked back to you and dropped her jaw, knowing the answer once seeing the blush rise on your cheeks.

"shut the hell up. Are you fucking with me? Don't fuck with me right now!" She whisper yelled making you laugh. "He kissed me the other night... and I now fully admit to liking Rafe Cameron." Your best friend's eyes grew wider, if that was even possible.

She squealed and slightly jumped off the ground causing you to shush her. "Not to be that bitch... but I'm gonna be that bitch, I told you so!" She laughed as she jokingly shoved your shoulders.

You grabbed a flute of champagne before the two of you made your way over to your other friends. Rafe smiled and pulled you into his side as you smiled up at him.

"I'm sorry but what the FUCK?" Topper yelled, looking like his eyes might pop out of his skull. You immediately put your head down trying to hold in your laughter. "Uh well I finally realized I don't hate Rafe Cameron. Never did."

He lightly rubbed his hand up and down your back. "Shit guys... damnit Kelce I owe you a hundred." Topper shook his head while reaching into his back pocket, pulling his wallet out.

Your mouth opened wide in surprise. "Did you bet on this?!" You looked over to see Kelce just shrug his shoulders with a tight lipped smile.

Topper slapped the bill into his hand before letting out a long sigh, "I really thought it was over." You could feel Rafe moving with laughter. "Damn Top glad to know you had faith in me." Rafe remarked sarcastically.

Topper smiled now, simply happy to see that his best friend was happy. Rafe leant down to place his lips by your ear. "Wanna dance?" He smiled as your sparkling eyes looked up into his. You both set your drinks down before moving towards the dance floor.

He wrapped one arm around your waist, holding your hand with the other. You snaked your free arm around his shoulder. You both lightly swayed to the music talking aimlessly about the day.

"Can you believe Top bet against us?" You laughed. Rafe hesitated, crinkling up his nose. "Well I was getting a little worried too after all this time." You scoffed before pursing your lips together.

"I can't lie I- I feel a little stupid." You confessed. He stopped his movements for a moment, your words surprising him. "You're not stupid. Why do you say that?" Rafe looked at you concerned, eyebrows knit together.

"I just- I can't believe I never saw it ya know? You felt this connection way longer than me and I just... I was mean." You pouted with a small laugh. Rafe knew you were trying to joke about it but you were an over thinker to your core.

"You felt the connection too you just didn't know in what way yet." You nodded but he still felt like you weren't convinced. "Y/n/n." He tilted your chin up with his finger to make sure you were really listening to him.

"You've kept your guard up and understandably so. I know how hard it is with your parents relationship and then Theo." He rolled his eyes at the mention of his name, making you laugh.

"But I know who you are deep down and you would eventually see what I see too." You bit your lip, trying to ignore the lump in your throat.

"Thank you... for not giving up on me. You are incredible and selfless and I don't think you get told that enough." Rafe didn't wait another second before putting his lips on yours. His heart warmed at your words, everyone knew he didn't get it enough from his family.

His grip tightened on you slightly, and you wrapped your other hand around him in order to get closer. Even with skin on skin you would try and get closer to each other. You finally felt like you deserved something good and that was the boy in your arms.

a/n: I felt like more fluff was needed after all the slow burn lol I  feel like this story kinda sucks so I'm sorry if updates are slow😭😭 thank you to those of you reading I appreciate it more than you know!!