four

The door jingled as you stepped into the coffee shop. You spotted Amelia sitting at a table near the window.

As you rounded the corner she stood up with a big smile pulling you in for a hug. After you both ordered you got right into filling each other in on the past year of your life.

"I seriously need to come visit you in New York next semester." You sighed, jealous of her extravagant stories in the big apple. Amelia silently agreed as you noted in your brain to start looking at plane tickets.

"So," Amelia leaned forward raising her eyebrow as you narrowed your eyes. Knowing her mannerisms you knew she was getting into something serious. "What?" Your eyebrows now knit in confusion.

"Theo?" She looked at you like she was scared to hear your answer. In all honestly you thought she was going to ask about Rafe but why would she? Why are you even thinking about Rafe?

His face blurred from your mind as Amelia snapped her finger in your face, "hello?" She laughed leaning back into her chair. "Sorry," You laughed. "But no that was nothing with Theo... why'd you ask?"

"You looked pretty cozy the other night at the bonfire." She interlocked her fingers, resting her chin atop of them. You visibly cringed and let out a breathy laugh. "I know... had one too many."

She laughed but you knew she understood you. "Well either way, I was surprised by how close he was getting, what a dick." She rolled her eyes. You shrugged not really knowing what to say.

"Yeah threw me off." You responded lightly. "I was about to step in but kook king swooped in." She laughed and your stomach jumped at the mention of Rafe.

Theo said he missed you and of course you had missed him, he was a big part of your life. But you were fully prepared for only a few awkward hellos over the break, nothing like what happened at the bonfire.

Your thoughts were a jumbled mess and thinking about the situation made your head spin. "Whatever, I'm just happy I have the boys and you." You grabbed her hand in yours across the table.

"Speaking of the boys, Kelce?" You scrunched your nose up at her watching her lips turn up in a smirk. "I dunno, maybe... but things are different now ya know?" You nodded in agreement, thinking about your own relationships.

You had overstayed your welcome at the cafe, noted by a glare from the barista. You hugged once again before walking to your cars, planning to meet up again soon.

Before starting the car you felt your phone vibrate in your purse.

mama bear:

You need to go try on your dress!

Midsummers wasn't for a few more weeks but of course the dress had to be tailored to perfection before hand.

Scarlett had already gotten hers finished before you came home so you were flying solo for this mission. With a huff, you started the car and made your way to the ferry.

It was a beautiful North Carolina day, the sun was out and the breeze was just enough to keep you from getting too hot.

When you stepped into the shop you removed your sunglasses, taking a second to adjust from the bright sun. "Hi sweetie, midsummers?" The sweet old lady who had worked there for years greeted you.

"Yep, y/n y/l/n." You smiled at her. "Alright go ahead and sit down I'll bring it right out!" You nodded before stepping over to the waiting area.

You felt the cool air as someone swung the door open and entered the store. You were too busy responding to a text from Topper to look up.