sixteen

You were now hanging out with Rafe nearly every day you could. Whether you were at the beach with the other boys and Amelia, or at the island club with your families, or having movie nights in each other's rooms, you were practically attached at the hip.

"Shit shit shit!" You whisper shouted, as you tried to untangle from the blankets. Rafe gently stirred, pulling the pillow closer to his body. You were tempted not to wake him since he looked so damn adorable. But then you remembered the severity of the situation.

"Rafe!" You spoke louder this time while you gently shook his bare shoulder. He mumbled something incoherent and you rolled your eyes continuing to shake him with more force. "Rafe we fell asleep!"

This caused his eyes to open, raising his hand to block the light from the window. "Shit." He spoke in a raspy voice before shooting out of bed. He rushed to his dresser and grabbed the first shirt he touched, quickly pulling it over his head.

You grabbed your shoes and purse before standing up straight to see Rafe staring at you with sleep puffed eyes. "What?" You asked raising your shoes in your hand and widening your eyes.

You had slept in one of his t-shirts which looked big on you and you had thrown on a pair of his boxers once you woke up. He simply smirked and looked you up and down. "You look so sexy in my clothes."

"Cameron!" You shouted at him but couldn't bite back the inevitable snicker at his remark. "Okay okay come on!" He grabbed your hand pulling you out of his room and down the stairs.

"It's still early maybe they're still asleep?" Rafe tried to ease your anxieties. "We can only hope." You let out a sigh resisting the urge not to yell at him to drive faster. "Woah y/l/n!" Rafe laughed as you swung the passenger door open as he had yet to fully stop.

You quickly turned around and hopped back into the seat, leaning over the console and placing a deep kiss on his lips. Pulling away with a smile, "See you later, boyfriend?" He nodded eagerly and you pecked his lips once more, "can't wait to see my girlfriend again."

You raced to the front door and opened it as quietly as you could. You listened for any indication of movement in the house but when you heard nothing you quickly bolted upstairs. You closed your door, only relaxing you jaw and shoulders once you knew you had made it in safe.

You let the back of your knees hit the mattress and your body went down afterwards. You brought your hands up to cover your face, a wide grin appearing as you thought back to last night when Rafe asked to be official with you.

--

"Kelce I will drown you!" Amelia yelled as she chased after the boy. You burst out into laughter as Kelce effortlessly threw Amelia over his shoulder, hindering her murderous intent. Your gaze shifted to Rafe walking out of the water, and you couldn't help but stare.

He might as well be walking slo-mo in a rom com he looked so good. He quirked up his eyebrow as you shamelessly watched him. "You know it's rude to stare."

"Can't help it." You shrugged raising your arms up at him. He leant down and placed his hands on either side of your body in the sand. You wrapped your arms around his neck as he placed a sweet kiss on your lips.

The salty water dripped down his face and mixed in between your lips. "Jesus christ I'm gonna throw up." Topper grimaced as he pushed himself up off of his towel. You giggled while Rafe made no attempt to back away from you.

The sun had started to set and everyone slowly packed up. You and Rafe drove back to tanneyhill and he suggested going to the dock. He knew how much you liked looking at the stars.

You made your way down the dock hand in hand, laying on your backs and looking up to the night sky. You both pointed out any shapes you saw, making up your own constellations.

Rafe's palm was splayed across your thigh as you ran you fingers up and down his arm. He lightly pinched your skin making you pull your leg away. "What was that for?" You asked laughing.

"Just making sure you're still real dream girl." Rafe winked, biting his bottom lip slightly. You playfully rolled your eyes and placed a kiss on his lips. You snaked your hand around and pinched his arm, making him pull back. "Hey!"

"I'm real." You giggled as he pulled you closer, your head now resting where his chest and shoulder met. "Good... cause I've been telling everyone about my beautiful girlfriend-"

You felt Rafe tense up as soon as the word left his mouth. You bit back a smile, waiting a moment before lifting yourself up, placing one hand on his chest. You looked down at him to see a nervous smile.

"Whose this girlfriend?" You joked, tilting your head at him with a smile. "Uh well hopefully you... if- if that's what you want." He had been hesitant to make anything with you official in fear of scaring you off.

He just got you and wasn't ready to jeopardize that by giving this a label that might make you feel trapped. "I would love nothing more than to be your girlfriend Rafe Cameron." He noticeably relaxed, a smile stretching onto his face.

"Oh thank god." He dramatically closed his eyes and put his hand over yours on his chest. You laughed, dropping your head down. He used his other hand to grab your chin, moving you to look at him.

He tucked your fallen hair behind your ear, running his thumb across your cheekbone. "Mine." He whispered as if he was reassuring himself. "Yours." You replied looking down at him sincerely. He let out a sigh before grabbing the back of your neck to pull you back into a kiss.

a/n: not me kicking my feet and smiling at my own fluff... anyways thanks for 1k reads besties 💗💗