Chapter Twenty Seven

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.
[Suspicions]

Vote&comment if you want :)

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

HOLLY BLACK WAS SAT IN THE GREAT HALL, PICKING AT HER FOOD AS HARRY BRAIDED STRANDS OF HER HAIR.

"Remind me again, why do you need to braid my hair?" Holly asked, biting into her piece of toast.

"Well, Amelia asked me to braid her hair but I have no clue how to do it so I just wanted to practice." Harry voiced, his mind in deep concentration as he tightened the braid.

"Aw, thats sweet."

From the Gryffindor table, Grace Richards kept her eyes glued on Holly. She knew there was something with her, and she'd bet her life on it that Harry was involved.

Holly mindlessly flipped through the pages of her book as her eyes glimmered red, the contents of Grace Richards mind falling into her own.

Holly wasn't stupid, she saw the way Grace looked at her and knew that she was up to something. Holly averted her attention back to the words that were written in her book.

"Ancient magical torture methods? Where'd you get that book from?" Harry asked, a smile on his lips as he stared at the small braid in Holly's hair.

"Got it for my fourteenth birthday." Holly shrugged, shutting the book as she had a perfect plan in mind.

𖤐𖤐𖤐

Later that day Holly was sat in the forbidden forest. Her bag on the damp forest floor as Holly laid peacefully with her hair spread out.

It was starting to get dark, a cold breeze nipped at Holly's skin which made her breathe out a cold cloud of air. She had been lying in the forest for hours but she didn't feel like leaving yet.

She'd often just lay on the floor, thinking about things that she normally wouldn't think about.

From further away Holly had noticed that someone was watching her, they had been watching her for hours.

Grace Richards huffed in annoyance, Holly had done nothing suspicious at all which angered her. She had formed an extreme dislike against Holly, she just felt deeply aggravated by her presence.

Holly chuckled softly as she raised her hand, she moved her hand around as if she were drawing something into the sky.

It happened a few more times before she let her arm drop back, Grace stayed for a couple more minutes before leaving.

When Holly arrived at her dorm she was surprised to see Rubin Whitewell stood at her door.

Rubin was a fellow Ravenclaw who often kept to herself, the girl had long black hair and wore her usual baggy clothes. Rubin was blind, she always had been but that didn't stop her from living a normal life. Rubin and Holly often studied together, Holly offered to charm some copies of her notes to braille for her to read which she always kindly accepted. Event though Rubin couldn't see, she somehow always knew who was around her.

"Oh, you're alright." She said, her voice seemed to be laced with relief.

"What do you mean?" Holly asked, opening her door as she set down her bag. Rubin followed her inside, her cane gliding along the wooden flooring.

"I just had a bad feeling...you know Holly there is always something bad clinging onto you, like some sort of dark energy." She suddenly brought up, Holly slowly set down her books and let out a hum.

"Huh, weird."

Both were engulfed into a deep silence, Holly glanced toward Rubin who was simply standing there. She rested her hands over her cane as she tilted her head toward the side.

Even though Rubin and Holly got along well, Holly knew that Rubin was onto her. Rubin was wickedly smart, she could probably beat Hermione and Holly if she wanted to but she didn't, she rather enjoyed being in the shadows.

"Anyways, I just wanted to check on you." Rubin voiced, reaching her hand out to the doorknob but before she could twist it open Holly spoke up again.

"Would you like to finish the Ancient Runes homework with me?" Holly asked, she had already finished her homework days ago but she figured it'd be better to get Rubin to trust her rather than to have her fear her.

"I'm already done with my homework for the week, perhaps I could help?" Rubin voiced, a smirk forming at the corners of her mouth which made Holly scowl.

"Oh that's alright then, I wouldn't want to bother you." Holly dismissed, a fake laugh escaping her throat as she opened the door for Rubin.

"Goodnight Holly." Rubin said before walking to her own room. Holly gripped the doorknob tight and gently closed the door, her fists were shaking as her knuckles turned white.
She suppressed a scream and swung her fist into her mirror which shattered into loads of tiny piece.

Holly wanted to hurt her... no...she wanted to kill her. It was obvious that she was onto her as well as Grace. Her knuckles were bleeding and the pain made Holly scoff, suddenly she got an idea.

She grabbed her robe and made her way to the Gryffindor common room, on her way over she charmed her robe into a Gryffindor one and as soon as she knocked on the portrait it was opened by some little first year.

The first year—being too scared of Holly— let her in immediately without any questions and ran up the stairs to go and fetch Harry.

"What happened? Are you alright?" Harry asked, lifting her bloody hand to which she rolled her eyes.

"Just wanted to return your robe." Holly handed it over to him, his eyebrows furrowed in confusion as he knew he left his robe upstairs.

The common room was practically empty, if you didn't count the first year students struggling to finish their homework, but Holly couldn't risk it.

She raised her non injured hand and brushed her thumb over Harry's cheek, his cheeks grew red but so did his eyes. Holly was telepathically telling him that people were onto them and as soon as she dropped her hand from his cheek he pulled her in for a kiss.

Holly was stunned by the sudden kiss but nonetheless kissed him back, she heard a gagging sound from behind her and only then saw Grace and Hermione standing there.

Smart Harry, smart.

"Sorry, did you need something?" Grace asked, her hands placed over her chest as she eyed the two.

"Just came to say goodnight to my boyfriend." Holly smiled, winking at Harry who was smirking.

"Come to think of it, I forgot something in your room." Harry jumped up and put his arm around Holly.

"Oh Hermione, finish that Ancient Runes homework yet? Took me ages." Holly laughed as Hermione turned pale, obviously she had forgotten.

"Oops, guess she forgot."

—————————————————

Hello! My wifi is super bad so I got caught up in writing again. I hope you liked this chapter and I also added a new character! Check the cast list for her faceclaim :)

I hope you're all doing well and wish you a good morning/night!

-Star x