Chapter 3

Théodora

I wake up as a very happy girl. I stretch my muscles, glad they're not feeling sore anymore.

Today is my last day of college. One more final and then my adult life finally begins.

I get out of bed and excitedly walk to my bathroom. I could take a shower all day long, now that I have hot water again.

I turn on the shower and let the steam of the heat fill my bathroom. I take off my shorts and cami and step into the shower. I missed this so much.

I wash my body and hair and after I'm done, I'm just standing under the spray. Enjoying the heat.

I got no problem with sticking up for myself, since I've never had parents and used to being on my own.

I usually get it done my way and it gives me a proud feeling that I accomplished that again.

I turn off the shower and dry my hair with a towel before I use it for my body and wrap it around myself.

I leave the bathroom and head for my closet to grab some black flared pants and a cropped sweater.

I put on my clothes and blow dry my hair, leaving it a bit wet so some waves will later appear.

Before I start on my make-up, I check the time and see that I have 15 minutes left before I have to leave.

Shit. That means I have to get breakfast on my way to college.

I quickly apply some mascara and lipgloss and then gather all my stuff I need for the day.

It's a 20 minute ride to college and I love every second of it. I turn up the music way too loud and sing a long from the top of my lungs. I'm not a very good singer but it makes me happy and powerful.

I park my car at Starbucks and hop out. I normally go through the drive-thru, but I need to pee real bad.

When I walk into the Starbucks, the hairs on my neck immediately rise. Maybe I'm getting sick, because I had this same feeling yesterday.

I head for the bathroom and do my business before I order a coffee. My heart starts beating faster as chills are running over my body again.

"Théodora?!" I jump at the sound of my name. I look up and see the barista looking around with my coffee in hand.

I quickly walk to the barista and thank him. When I turn around I see dark stormy eyes boring into mine.

A man in a fully black three-piece suit is looking at me. He's sitting at a table in the corner with a coffee in front of him. His jet black hair is standing into all different directions. It's kind of weird looking since he's wearing an expensive suit.

He keeps on looking at me like he knows me, but I've got no clue who this man is. He looks dangerous, scary and a bit crazy, but extremely hot.

We're having this weird stare off and I'm starting to feel a bit awkward. So I turn my head and walk out of the Starbucks and head back for my car.

I place my coffee in my cupholder and drive off again.

-