Chapter 15

Théodora

"Where do you want this?" I ask Ivy as I'm holding a lamp. I agreed to help her move in into the new apartment she bought with Lucas.

I need the distraction. I normally would crash myself in work stuff, but that's not possible if your drama involves your boss. So I called in sick today.

A woman who I haven't seen before answered to phone. I freezed when Anastacia didn't answer like she normally would and I once again had to face reality.

I still don't really know what to think and feel about the whole vampires do exist situation.

I'm still confused and scared. Every time I leave my apartment I look behind me, in case there's a vampire lurking and planning to attack me.

I'm on high alert all the time. It exhausts me. The constant feeling of being watched and the trauma I suffered to my head doesn't help either.

The wound on the back of my head is almost completely gone. I was shocked when I wanted to clean it, the next morning I left their house, and had to feel real hard to see where the wound was. I know I heal fast, but this was crazy fast.

I can't say the same about the bite marks, though. They are still visible and I hate that I have to wear turtlenecks now that it's getting warmer because spring is coming.

"Oh, on the coffee table." Ivy answers my question. I put the lamp on it's place and flop down on the couch.

Ivy joins me and hands me a cup of coffee. "I love this place already." She says with adoration in her eyes.

It is a nice place. Lot's of space, sunlight, a huge terrace and a few spare rooms. "It's really coming together right now. If I ever decide to move again, I want you to pick out my interior. You have great taste." I compliment her and mean it.

Stepping into this apartment was like stepping into a magazine. "Oh I'd love to! But you don't need a new apartment for that. I could help you renovate your place, right now!" She says way too excitedly.

I laugh at her. "Slow down. You're not even done here. Just relax a bit first, get used to living together with Lucas and then we'll talk."

"Yeah, you're right. I'm a bit nervous though. I haven't been a day without him, but moving in together is serious. What if I don't like certain habits of his. Or the other way around?" She starts to panic.

"Hey." I say and pull her in for a hug. "Everything will be okay. Like you said, you haven't left each other's side after you started dating. So you practically already lived together. He already suffered through your snoring so he must love you very much." I reassure her jokingly.

"Ha-ha." She fake laughs and I give her a kiss on the cheek. "And if it doesn't work out. Don't say I didn't tell you that moving in together after 3 months is way too soon." I laugh.

"Fuck you." She shoots back with a smile. She knows I'm joking.

"By the way. What are you planning to do with that many spare rooms? Don't tell me you're already thinking about having kids?" I say with a smile and she let's out a frustrated sigh.

"I hate you, Teddy." She shoots back at my remark, knowing that the use of the nickname I had as a kid annoys me. "Oh no you didn't!" I yell playfully and start wrestling her.

"You started it!" She yells back and starts laughing hard when I tickle her sides.

-

I stopped at the pet store on my way home. I ran out of food for Otis and because Mr. Spoiled didn't seem to like the food I bought for him the first time, I'm now standing in front of the rack of cat food, debating what I should get.