Chapter 13

Théodora

My head is pounding and I feel exhausted. When I open my eyes, my surroundings start to spin. I give myself a second before everything looks normal again.

I'm not my apartment.

The familiar purple sheets come into view and then the events from earlier today hit me.

Anastacia attacked me! My hand travels up my neck. There's a soft bandage and feel another one around my head.

I groan as I sit up slowly and swing my legs over side of the bed.

I don't understand. Why did she attack me?

Oh my god, Azrael broke her neck! Reality and panic hits me. He fucking broke her neck as easy as a match and killed her!

No... this can't be happening. What the hell is going on?

I leave the room and walk downstairs. I hear noises coming from the kitchen, so there's where I'm headed.

I stop in my tracks when I see Azrael drinking a cup of tea. What am I doing? This man is a killer and I plan on confronting him?

He looks up to me with a worried glance. I back away slowly but when he stands up, I start running for my life.

He killed Anastacia and now he kidnapped me and probably is going to kill me too!

I'm moving to fast which causes my head to spin again and I fall to the ground.

"Thé!" I hear someone shout in the distance, but then Ash is right by my side in the blink of an eye.

I grab him, using his body as a shield. "Ash! Oh my god! Azrael is going to kill me!" I shout as I hide myself from Azreal.

Ash rubs my back and shushes. "Thé, relax. He's not going to kill you." He says softly when I suddenly feel a gust of wind.

I look up see and Samuel and Diablo standing next to us. Both with sorrow in their eyes.

"W-what is going on?" I say with a shaky voice.

"Come on, let's talk in the kitchen." Ash says as he picks me up and carries me to it.

He sits down on a chair, holding me in his lap. I lean back against his chest, enjoying his touch as he pulls his arms tighter around me. I feel safe being in his embrace.

Diablo brings me a cup of tea and a piece of a chocolate brownie. My mouth waters at the brownie, but I'm not really hungry. I just want to know what's going on.

Azrael walks in and my heart immediately races. "Ssshh, it's okay." Ash reassures me. But he doesn't understand. He didn't see what I saw.

"No! It's not okay!" I squirm in his arms and wiggle free. "I saw him break Anastacia's neck! He killed her!" I yell as I stand up and point to Azrael, who gives me an apologetic look.

I hear Samuel sigh and steps towards me, so he can hold my hands. "She attacked you, Théodora. Azrael was just in time and pulled her off of you before she sucked you dry." He says and I give him a confused look.