Chapter 28

Théodora

I heard everything. I heard them all. It was like I was in the room with them.

When Diablo left my side, I instantly woke up. I felt the comfort of one of them besides me leave and it made me feel empty.

The worry immediately crept back in, but when I heard their voices. It calmed me.

Just for a second though, because how the fuck could I hear them from downstairs?!

When I heard Azrael say they need to keep an eye on me and report every weird move I make, I jumped out of bed. I need to tell I've heard them talk. There's something changing inside of me. I just feel it and it freaks me the fuck out.

I run down the stairs and swing open the home office's door. Four intense eyes settle down on me and the hairs on my body immediately rise. I feel myself wetting wet at their powerful presence. But I shove the need to strip naked down and open my mouth.

"I just heard everything you said." I say and lock eyes with Azrael. Something I've never seen crosses his face. Surprise.

He always has a plan for everything, but this... It's something he didn't see coming. Hell, if he's shocked. How the hell should I feel?!

"W-what?" He says stunned.

I start babbling and pacing the room. "When Diablo left my bed, I just felt it and I woke up instantly. I felt alone, afraid and on the verge of crying. It feels like I might start menstruating, but I hope the fuck not because I will fucking die if it decides to come right now." I keep on walking from wall to wall but no one dares to speak.

"But then! I heard voices. You're voices. It calmed me immediately but then freaked me out because how the hell can I hear you talk from downstairs?!" I stop in my tracks and look at them feeling emotional all over again.

"I'm scared." I say as tears pool in my eyes. Azrael is still stunned, glued in his chair.

"What is happening to me?" I say, feeling myself break down when strong tattooed arms are being folded around me.

I crash against Samuel's chest and let the frustrated, scared tears fall onto his shirt.

"Ssh, you'll be okay. I know it's scary, but you'll be okay. We're here with you, honey." He shushes to comfort me. It does. His voice and touch does calm me and I try to take deep calm breaths.

"That's it, honey. Deep, slow breaths. In and out." He breaths with me and after a few deep breaths I'm feeling calm again.

"I'm really scared." I say again and Samuel picks me up to walk to the couch and sits down with me on his lap.

He pushes my hair behind my ear, giving me a knowing look. "Whatever happens, you're still Théodora. You'll always be you and we will be here with you for whatever comes. I don't want to scare you even more, but Gaya will come for you one day and we need to be prepared. We're strong and won't let anything happen to you, but Gaya is manipulative and strong as well so you need to be strong too. Can you do that Théodora?" He asks me with a soft sweet voice.

I nod. "Yeah, I can do that." I say and give him a small smile. I've always been strong. I've been through so much and always came out even stronger, so I can handle this too. And now I've got four powerful man who care about me, so yes, I can definitely do that.

"Thank you." I say before I kiss him on his full lips. "Let's get you some breakfast." He says while he caresses my cheek. I nod and let Samuel lead the way.

Ash follows us too and heads straight for the kitchen. Samuel and I both sit down at the kitchen table while Ash cooks something up.

"Can I ask you something?" I look at Samuel and he nods. "Always." He answers.