Chapter 14

Ash

It's been a few hours since Théodora left. I absently poke the remainders of the brownies I've made for her, with a fork. She didn't even got the chance to enjoy them.

Samuel enters the kitchen, looking sad as well. He sits down next to me, putting his arm around my shoulder and sighs.

We're already invested in her. There have been women before, but with her it feels different. It feels like we finally found the real deal. She's funny, sweet, sexy and confident.

I can understand that she'll need some time to process it all, but I'd rather have her here in my arms. So I could comfort her and answer all the questions she has.

I hope that the pull she feels to us, will be strong enough to come back to us soon. We did scare her in the beginning, but not too much, since she did gave in eventually. So I'll just need to trust in our connection and hope she'll be back with us soon.

"She'll come around." I hear Samuel say next to me. "I hope so." I reply and lean into his embrace. "Oh, don't worry. I'll make her. She already had a little taste of us and we're kind of hard to resist, you know." He snickers. "So she can have a little time to herself right now, but it won't be for long." I can see the devilish gleam in his eyes.

"Please don't scare her away more than we already have." I say. I love him to death, but he is crazy.

"Ash." He scoffs. "You don't need to worry. She's into that." He smirks and leaves the kitchen.

He's right about that, though. She does like the thrill, so he might be up to something. I feel more sure now than I was a second ago. Oh, this will be fun. My hunter instinct floods back up to the surface and I can already taste her presence. It's addictive.

We're not letting her go. She can't get rid of us.

-

"Did you find anything yet?" I ask Azrael as I walk into his office. He hid himself in here right after she left. It's the next day and he haven't left since.

It's his way of dealing with the situation. He likes to plan and organize stuff. He's good at it, so I'm sure he'll figure out what she is.

"Unfortunately not." He sighs but doesn't look disappointed. "But..." I press and he gives me small smile.

"I do have something in mind, which might tell us what she is. We do need blood though. Her blood." He says and my mouth instantly waters. I already know what she tastes like.

Heaven.

It's something I have never tasted before. When the first drop of her blood entered my system, I knew it would be hard to stop. But thankfully we all can control ourselves.

It's hard to master and not every vampire has the skill. Take Anastacia for instance.

"Why do we need her blood?" I ask Azrael, curious to what he came up with.

"Well, we're almost one hundred percent sure she's not fully human. The only way we'll figure that out, is when we test her blood. I could ask Sonny to compare her blood with ours and then we'll know for sure." He explains.

Sonny is a good friend of ours. Our only human friend who knows that we're vampires. He works at a hospital, so he has acces to all the supplies he needs.

He's a smart guy and quickly noticed that we weren't normal. So it didn't shock him when we told him that we are vampires.

It shocked us, that he wasn't surprised or scared at all. He was excited actually and asked if he could do research on us.

We were hesitant at first, scared that he would leak the results but figured we could keep an eye on him. We were curious to what he'd find after all.

It became his life project and got obsessed with us. We offered to turn him if he wanted too, but he declined. He's happily married to his wife Irelia and wants to grow old with her.

I envy him. I wish I had the same opportunity. Maybe if there is a chance that Théodora has immortality in her blood, we could too.

I smile happily at his plan and throw my arms around him. "You're a genius!" I praise him.

He laughs and hugs me back. "Don't have your hopes up too high, Ash. I know you like her a lot and so do we, but there's always a chance it won't turn out the way we hope to." He says cautiously.

"You fall way too fast and I don't want you to get hurt." I know I do, but they also feel the same way about her like I do. They just don't admit it and express it like I do.

"So what's the plan?" I ask and he immediately smiles. Of course he already got it figured out.

"Her birthday is in a few days. I want to contact her friend Ivy and surprise her with a birthday dinner. There are plenty of ways to spill some blood during one." He says with a knowing all smile.

"I thought we agreed to give her the time she needs to process this." I say and Azrael shakes his head with a laugh.

"Don't act dumb. Her body craves us as much as we do. She'll be back any minute now." He grins and leaves me alone his office.

Both he and Samuel feel so confident about the situation, but I don't know... She's strong headed. It might take her some time, but like Sam said. She likes the thrill.

A day without her is one too much. I want to see her, smell her and need to know if she's okay.

A smile creeps over my face. I need to find Samuel.