Chapter 9

Azrael

Ash, Samuel, Diablo and I are all sitting in my home office. I did my research about Théodora and found out that she got dropped off at foster care when she was a baby.

There are no records of her parents. Not that I can't find, anyway.

Her past seem none existing. Of course there are records of her youth, health and school period. But not one single thing about family.

She told us she considers Ivy her family and I'm happy for her, that she at least has someone. She got us now too, though.

She doesn't realize it yet, but when she told me she's giving in. She's handing her life over to us.

We discussed it after our date. Something happened to this girl and it's something bad. We can feel it.

There normally aren't any other vampires in this district, since we claimed it. But last week we had a meeting and they could smell her right away.

Her smell is so strong and after we touched her, it clings around us.

We had to kill five vampires, because they planned on hunting her down. We usually don't care when visitors feed and kill people in our district, but no one touches her.

She's ours.

It's not normal, that a human has such a strong smell like she does. That's why we think she isn't. Well... at least not fully.

"So she said yes?" Ash says happily with a sparkle in his eyes. He already has it bad for her.

"Yeah, she gave in." I answer his question. Ash stands up and starts moving things around. I don't like it when someone touches my stuff. I like things in a certain way.

I put the things he moved, back into their original place and give him a sharp look. "What do you think you're doing?" I ask Ash.

"She's coming over soon, right? We need to tidy up this place." He says and walks out of my office. Diablo shakes his head and I follow Ash to our living room.

"Ash, calm down. This place is as tidy as it can be. Maybe you could just... prepare a dinner or something and not touch my stuff."

He snaps his fingers. "You're right." He says and kisses me on the cheek. Ash is open about his sexuality and is into men and women. The rest of us don't consider ourselves gay or bi, but we like sex. Any sex.

We are a strong and close clan. I love them to death and I know I can count on them and vice versa.

Diablo and Samuel join me in the living room. "So what's next?" Diablo asks.

I'm not the leader of our clan. We're all individually strong and each have different gifts.

I'm just organized, prepared and I like to boss around, so I naturally lead this clan. Whether they know it or not.

We've been together forever. Literally forever. Nothing ever gets old though. The world changes every century.

There's still something we didn't come across of... And that's love. Ash is a hopeless romantic and every time we all like a girl, he gets his hopes up and acts like he does right now. I don't blame him though... We all want it. Even Diablo.

"Well... She needs to be comfortable around us first. I'm guessing it would take a while, so in the meantime, we can continue our research. If we come up empty handed. There's one vampire who might know more..." I hope it doesn't come down to that though.

Diablo and Samuel both silently nod, probably thinking the same thing.

"Since it's Friday, why don't you both pick her up and bring her here? I know she's not busy tonight." I say and Samuel shows his devilish smile.