Chapter 5

3 Months Later

Théodora

Adult life finally began, but I still haven't found a job. It's not that I haven't got any offers, but there isn't a single one I see myself working at.

Ivy found her dream job and is dating Lucas, the guy she met at the club a few months ago.

They're so cute. He's really sweet to her and she's madly in love. They already talked about moving in together.

I think it's a bit early, but who am I to judge? If she's happy then so am I.

I haven't seen one of my stalkers after that night and I also haven't had sex. I'm getting frustrated.

I need sex and a job.

I'm on my laptop browsing for jobs for almost an hour now, but still nothing interesting catches my eye.

I decide that it's time for a break and I head for the kitchen to make myself a coffee. I grab my phone and dial Ivy's number.

After a few rings I hang up. She's probably busy at work.

I walk back to my laptop and start scrolling again. My heart quickens when I come across the office where Azrael works.

They're looking for a head marketer. This can't be a coincidence... Or am I being crazy? The job offer contains everything I want.

Shit, I don't know... It's the best one I've come across so far. Besides, it's a big firm so the chances of seeing him are slim, I suppose...

Fuck it. I need a job and it's perfect for me. I pick up my phone and dial the number. It rings and after some time a woman answers.

"Zagan's Inc. Good morning this is Anastacia speaking. How can I help you?" Her voice is sharp and crisp. "Good morning Anastacia. My name is Théodora and I saw that you're looking for a head marketer. I'd like to apply for the position." I reply but it stays deadly quiet for a few seconds after I spoke.

"Hello?" I ask. I hear her clear her throat. "Yes, head marketer. The position is still open. When are you available for an interview?" She asks.

"Whenever you have time." I reply and I hear her type on a computer. "Mr. Zagan can see you later today at 3 if that's alright with you?"

I glance at the clock. It's 11 a.m. right now, so that gives me plenty of time to prepare. "That's fine with me. Thank you." I say.

"You're welcome. I'll see you later today." She says before hanging up the phone.

-

I'm standing in front of the building and look up. It's a tall building, lot's of people work here.

People walk in and out of the building dressed nice and professional. I look down to my own outfit.

I'm wearing nude pointy heels, a tight black dress and cropped leather jacket. It is a bold move, but I like my style and this is who I am.

If Mr. Zagan doesn't like it, he can fuck himself.

I take one last big breath with fresh air and walk inside.

I see the same receptionist the last time I was here. Shit, I didn't make a good impression then. So I plaster on a big smile and walk towards her.

She sees me and immediately stands up. "Ah, Miss Théodora. It's nice to see you again." Yeah, right. "Mr. Zagan is waiting for you. Please follow me." She says and leads me to the same room I went in last time.