part 11: our little detective

~lilith pov~

after healing alexander-sama i went to finish my dinner. "oh lil sis you finally came, come sit so we can finish our food together" i just nodded at mark-nii-san and sat done and finished my dinner as fast as i could without letting others noticing my speed. after i was done we headed to the sinks. lyon-sama washed the dish while i dried it and kept it back in it's original place. after that was done i did not feel like sleeping, my mental age is still 18 so expecting me to sleep so soon wont be realistic.

 so i took a book from the library in the cabin that i just found some time ago, and went to the common room to read cause i did not want to read in the shared room cause i felt it would be rude of me to switch on the lights while they are tired and sleeping only for me to read. i went into the common room and sat down on the sofa and switched on the lamp next to me and started to read, i was so invested in the book it was a murder case. I have come to realize that if i am not reading something educational it is either a mystery book or a murder case. i chuckled as i remember when father first saw me reading a murder case.

~flash back~

i was sitting in the library reading another unsolved murder story as father walked into the library in search of a document. "good morning father " "well hello lily, good morning to you as well" he said and resuming his search as i continued reading. he suddenly stopped and froze, it looked like he realized something. he stopped his search and dashed towards me in light speed and stared at the book in my hands. "MY BABY! why are you reading that? YOU WILL HAVE NIGHTMARES LILIY! DADY WILL GIVE YOU A NICE BOOK ON FAIRYTAILS, LEAVE THE DEVIL'S BOOK MY BABY!"

 he said while hugging me close to his chest and scavenging through the fantasy section to find a 'suitable' book for me. after i processed what happened i burst into a fit of giggles, he just turned to look at me in shock. my past life wasn't that great so i have a habit of having an emotionless or indifferent face on, and i have not expresses myself that much since i reincarnated as well. i calmed down, and smiled "thank you father but i am fine, i have been reading these for the past month and have been enjoying them quiet a bit" he looked like his eyes would pop out of his eye sockets. 

he regained his composure after sometime of just staring at my face. he looked at the book again and asked me "do you think you know who the culprit is" "i think i do" "is that so?" "yes father" he looked at the book once more and asked me who it was and asked me who i thought it was and when i gave him my explanation and the one who i think did it, he looked shocked once more. old man i think you are having to many shocks, it is not good for your health. he suddenly brought me into a hug

 "you are my little detective. my beautiful daughter is so smart and perfect! My beautiful lily i will protect you from those stupid wolves" again with these wolves, what wolves are after me that everyone keeps saying that. but he looks so happy so i just snuggled into his chest making him hug me tighter, i like this. i will protect you and mom, you are the only people who have shown me so much affection and care.  since then me and him started reading cases every night, and i would help him with some of his work as well.

~end of flash back~

"what got my little sister smiling?" mark-nii-sama came out. "mark-nii-sama why are you awake at this hour? you should be asleep or else you will have no energy for tomorrow."i said in an indifferent tone. i may call him brother due to his request but of course i can't call a child as some one elder than me, after all i am mentally an adult. i may be a little more comfortable with the idea of them not killing me until rose shows up but i am going to keep my guard up. "well you are the little kid between us so shouldn't i be asking you that." 

he said ploping himself onto the sofa and sitting next to me, and leaning in to see the cover of my book "you packed books to read here as well? my you really are something" "i did not pack these i found a secaret library in the cabin" "wha... i guess if anyone were to find a library first it would be you wouldn't it?" i just shrugged. "you do know you are ten right won't you get scared reading these type of books all the time?" "no" "come with me to the library please lil sister"

~mark pov~

she just got up and started walking to the library. we walked into a underground library under the cottage. why the hell is there a library under the cottage? i got her here so i could read a book with her hopefully another one, i would want to read with her too and another reason is i might be worried of her reading such books at such a young age. i found a table with a chess beard on it. "hey lil sis why don't we play some chess?" he just nodded her head and put her book down got up and sat on the chair next to the table with the chess board on it. i took the seat opposite to it and we started playing. this will be easy.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
i am ... currently ............. LOSING for the 20th time. what on the earth have you been eating kid, what do you do to make yourself so smart. what type of head do you have?! i smiled a little after looking at her, well she is looking much happier than she was in the after noon. it is noce to see her happy, well this fulfilled my purpose so i am satisfied. when ever i look at her she looks to be keeping so many walls up and always is cautious. it is kind of scary to see a child keeping such an indifferent face with cold eyes. when she won once more she smiled a little.

 she is so cute. i got up a ruffled her hair " you should smile more often, little detective" "little detective?" "you are always solving mysteries and murders while reading books, and you have such a sharp brain. so you a little detective" i said with a large grin. after that me and her sat on the couch and i got a riddle book and we started to read it. after some time i felt a weight on my shoulder. i looked to find lilith asleep. a chuckled and carried her into the room and laid her on her bed and tucked her in. i placed a short kiss on her forehead. "sweet dreams, our little detective"