27: fair

~lilith POV~

sensei had spotted a shooting game and had dragged us over there. "hey pup. lets see who can shoot the targets more accurately the fastest. there is no use in keeping a competition in accuracy I know your great at that too." I picked up one of the toy guns and started to shoot as fast as i could just as i was about to hit my ninth target, sensei slammed his gun on to the table and said "i win!". It was a little embarrassing to be waling around with and adult who was skipping and hopping more than most the kids i saw.

But at the same time, I felt compelled to be at the same energy level he was at for some reason, and somewhere along the line i stared actually enjoying the fair as well.  the more games we played the more relaxed i became and before we realized it there was a full-blown smile on my face while we laughed and went through the fair. I was currently enjoying something that seemed to be like kakigori but with Savoury sauces instead of the sweet ones I'm used to. I was so enamored by the enchanted ice that changed shapes every time i took a bite to realize that i was alone.

"pup!" ack, that startled me. i looked up to see sensei holding up what looked like face paint. His face was already painted in what seems to be the likeness of a wolf. i took a step back trying to reach the bin to dispose of the cup, and that seemed to make him think that i was trying to 'escape' "no you don't! get back here, we're going to match!" now it was nowhere in my intentions to start a cat and mouse game, but i felt a sudden need to start running seeing the playfulness in his eyes.

I don't know what compelled me to do so, but i broke into a sprint and yelled "neverrr!" and giggled. we raced past many people and it was kind of difficult to run in the commoner's dress i was provided with, as it was a little to big for me and reached my feet. "come on pup! you can't run forever."  he said as he was about to grab my arm i quickly made a turn and ran the other way. "oh yhea? try me!" i said as i laughed and ran. 

he had stopped screaming after me and i wasn't able to tell where he was, so i decide to turn back and look while in sprint. I immediately tripped over my dress and rolled forward bumping into someone. "pup! are you ok?!-" "oh my.. I'm so sorr-" me and sensei both stopped as we saw the group we bumped into all looking at me and him wide eyed. "well... fancy seeing you both here." fred (since we are out in public, we'll use that not to cause suspicion.) said. 

broken out of his trance, sensei immediately glared at alex "I thought i told you that you can't follo us." Alex simply gave him a smile and said "I didn't follow you." sensei scoffed and looked to the side while raising an eyebrow at fred "yha right." at this a tick mark appeared on alex's forehead. "would you look at that. this happens to be a public gathering where many people have gathered. Not only that it happens to be one of the main events that happen each month. to think someone you know would show up on their off day. how shocking." "you-" 

I drained out their voices as lyon had approached me and started a conversation. "you know lilith-chan i had just spotted a game stall handing out cute stuffed animals let's check it out shall we." i gave him a polite smile and nodded a pink hue covering my cheeks as i was still embarrassed about the previous situation. he happily grinned and took a hold of my hand running to god knows where. as we reached we found it to be ring toss. we both looked at each other and took a set of rings each. after a few minutes we had almoast emptied out most of the games prizes and were promptly kicked out of the booth.

we both ran away from the raging booth owner while laughing only to decide to go haunt another booth. after a few hours evening started to fall as me and lyon were at a ping pong toss booth. which I turned out to be horrible at for some reason while lyon was thriving. "come on lilith-chan it isn't that bad. we can't all be completely perfect now, can we? it's ok. look you can have the bunny I won." he said while offering the stuffed animal to me. 

I would have normally refused but who doesn't love a cute cuddly bunny plushy. i smiled and thanked him only for him to once again grab my hand and run to the bridge where we could get a good view of the firework spectacle that would be held soon. as we approached the bridge, we found the rest of the group to be there. Alex and sensei were both having a sour expression while fred looked exhausted and relieved to finally see us. what did the two put the poor man through exactly. "lilith!" alex exclaimed as he happily looked at me and lyon.

suddenly his started to scowl as he looked at something else. wondering what the sudden cause of his displeasure was i followed his line of sight to find my hands still intertwined with lyons. seeing as i didn't find anything wrong with it i let it be. but i was still curious as to why his mood shifted. ah whatever. fred offered us a smile "we were wondering where we would find the both of you. good thing we decided to stay here for a while. had fun?" lyon grinned and after all the running and the vibe i was getting from him i did too. i oppened my space pocket and let the pile of prizes show itself as we both said "yup!" at the same time. sensei looked baffeled, he turned to look at lyon and gave him a look that said 'you robbed me!' confused i looked at him and picked up a hand full of dolls and went to him and pulled his sleve to gain his attention. i offered him a small smile and said, "you can have them if you like." everyone one went quite.

senseis eyes suddenly glossed over as he wasted no time in picking me up and rubbing our cheeks together. "pup~ you're the most Presious thing in the world. your adorable oh my goddd." suddenly everyone looked  at me ands started asking for dolls and fawning over me... are these people not the wealthiest people in he kingdom? were they so deprived of dolls as children? the life of the aristocratic children must be hard...