26: going to the fair

~Lilith POV~

just as I was about to answer, Tenebris sensei burst through the door. "sorry to burst your bubble darling, but lilith happens to be as physically gifted as she is magically." she looked back at her husband and spoke "do you understand what she just did to your study at the age of what? 12?" she looked at me for confirmation, "11 actually" "well that's even better now isn't it?" she said looking back at him. "Exactly, now with that in mind imagine how gifted she must be if it equals her capabilities in magic. and don't you think the question is a little to heavy on a 11-year-old?"

she looked at me and rested her chin on her finger. "I suppose so." well... I am mentally an adult so... I guess not that much. "I am sorry duchess, but I would still decline. I would like to take over the duchy when I grow up and taking a sponsorship would hinder the process to a considerable degree." she looked at me and sighed. "Well, if that's what you want nothing is stopping you." she said while smiling. I think i saw flowers bloom and heard a heavenly choir. damn her beauty is out of this world. 

"Well darling. i have prepared a surprise for you but before that I have a day of fun to attend to with my companion being Lilith. so, if you would return my beloved student, we shall be leaving some time now." damn it. I thought he forgot about that. oh well. I was dragged out of the room only to remember about the paintings. "Sensei, you told me you would show me the paintings." he continued to lead me out of the estate.

"Well dear. that would be another story for another time. look at the day out before us, such a wonderful day it is. it would be a waste to spend it in a dark room talking about the past. to top it all off, luck is on our side as there is a fair going on today." he said ushering me into the carriage. the man must have realized i would have dirt on him if he had let me see the photos. pussy. damn i really should start cursing more. being in the body of a 11-year-old has started to turn me into one. god forbid I go through that cursed 'I'm not like other girls' phase again when I reach 14. 

I cringed while remembering the awful memories. "Mint chocolate or strawberry and cheese." huh? ".. mint and chocolate...?" as soon as the words left my mouth, he broke into a huge toothy grin. "I love you even more. Dominic is going to absolutely be frustrated. It's a shame that I wasn't able to come as often and get to know you all like he did. This year was hectic with all the international buzz, and I was needed first and foremost." he looked at me with a sad smile.

You could tell he was very tired and really needed some rest. "But don't worry though. this year, I'm pretty sure that I'll be the one taking charge of your training." the interactions I have had with duke tenebris have been few and between, so I don't know him that well. At most he would come once in a while to see the progress and take a note and maybe has thought a few of our classes. You can tell he's brilliant at what he does and has a passion for it. "I thought earl Alandra was in charge of international image."

earl Alandra is a very powerful and influential woman when it comes to international trade and relations. Some of her relative have even been married off into foreign nobel families and thus she has quiet a large reach. "she is. But the magic tower was needed since we were introducing a new rune to the public. And since my wife happens to be head when it comes to that I was needed as well." what? I thought the gender prejudice was very little if not nonexistent in this world. seeing my confused face he decided to elaborate.

"In our country we have never had any discrimination against gender, but sadly other counties have laws in place that estate male superiority. And we unfortunately abide the 'our land, our rules' policy." no world is perfect, i guess. "aaand would you look at that we reached. no more depressing topics we are here to have fun" he said while patting me head when we were getting out of the carriage with our cloaks on. whoa the place was beautiful. I must say magic makes for a wonderful display. "Come on now let's go play some games." he said smiling down at me

~Alex POV~

i was getting so boarded out of mind. how is it that these two can sit for hours together just eating food and doing nothing else. I can't believe that we have been sitting here for the past two hours with them just eating. I partook at first yes. but after a good half an hour i couldn't eat anymore. everything here is just to sweet. isn't it filling. I would rather be doing what Dominic is doing than be looking at this eating competition. I wonder if Lilith would be able to last this long at doing this too. 

speaking of, i wonder what she is doing right about now. Knowing duke Tenebris he would have taken this chance to go to the fair. wait! "hey, so if you both are done can we go to the fair. I'm pretty sure there will be loads of good food and we can play games too." this way if we bump into them, I can pretend it's a coincidence and I can spend time with her at a fair, even if they are not at the fair, I'll still get out of this soul sucking situation. they both agreed and we finally got out of there. 

on the way to the carriage lyon fell into step with me and whispered, "you think lilith will be there, right? that's why you asked to go there." he said smiling slily at me. I will never get used to this. It's creepy how this guy can become the world's most innocent kid in seconds but sometimes acts like a scheming fox. he looked up at me and gave me the signature huge lyon smile. "I'm not complaining. I wanna see lilith too. hehe." he said skipping away happily as i felt chills. ugh.