The boy's return to Furinkan High School!

This is a chapter that takes place after volume 1 and Kururugi goes shopping but before volume 2.

Last time, Kururugi and Akane left the house and went to see doctor Tofu and then went clothes shopping before heading home to change, so that they could register with the school Kururugi.

Kururugi and Akane make quick time to the school when they spot Ryoga Hibiki wandering around.
Because of what Ryoga did to Kururugi a while ago, Akane doesn't like Ryoga too much.
"Hey, look! It's Ryoga!" says Kururugi.
"I really don't think we should help him out after what he did to you!" says Akane.
"Akane! It doesn't bother me! I got the high temperature because I wasn't paying attention, not because of Ryoga! I forgive him!" says Kururugi as she runs across the street.
"Wait... Oh never mind!" says Akane following behind him.
"Can we help you?" says Kururugi.
"Yeah. Where is Furinkan High School?" says Ryoga.
Kururugi points a little ahead of them to a school ground behind a school gate.
The sign says Furinkan High School.
"I-I made it... I never got lost even once! It's a miracle!" says Ryoga in happiness.
"Yeah... Well... We have to go! Come on Akane!" says Kururugi as he walks towards the gate.
Akane follows behind Kururugi.
The two enter the school hall.
They wind down corridors until they are standing in front of the principal's office.
"Well! Here we are again Akane!" says Kururugi.
The two knock on the door as the door then swings open.
On the desk in the back of the room is a pile of papers for Kururugi and others to sign.
Kururugi grabs a pen and starts filling out the form, explaining that the male student Kururugi is returning to school after getting sick on his first day of school some weeks ago.
Kururugi spots the papers for Ranma, for Ranma to fill out.
"I think that Kuno wants these forms to be filled out by Ranma before he can be an actual student of this school!" says Kururugi.
"Well, we all already filled them out when we enrolled in the school. That being said, why Kuno?" says Akane.
"The principal! Not Tatewaki! Also, I heard that he took a trip to Hawaii!" says Kururugi.
"Let's get out of here!" says Akane.
The two having finished their business, leave the office.
They go down all the halls in the right order and then leave out the front gate.
Ryoga is waiting out front for them.
"Finish your business?" says Ryoga.
"Yes."
This is said by Kururugi as he heads for a nearby park.
"So Ryoga! What are you doing here?" says Kururugi.
"I thought I'd follow you two!" says Ryoga.
"You can stay! But I warn you Ryoga, we will be training!" says Akane.
"Yeah. What she said!" says Kururugi as he heads for the girl's bathroom.
"Wha?! Your friend is going into the wrong bathroom Akane!" says Ryoga in alarm.
"Yeah... There is no correct bathroom for Kururugi."
Kururugi comes out of the girl's bathroom wearing a martial arts gi.
"Ready Akane?" says Kururugi.

A young woman wearing a Kimono with dark hair and eyes carrying a katana wrapped in cloth enters the park.
She spots Kururugi and Akane sparring lightly in the park.
"Are you two ladies having a friendly spar?" says the young woman wearing a kimono.
"Yes."
"Can I watch?" says the young woman.
"Yes."
Both Akane and Kururugi return to their sparring lesson.
Both Akane and Kururugi are dodging the other's attacks by a hairsbreadth.
"Do either of you two girls, want to get some ice cream?" says the woman wearing a kimono.
Kururugi and Akane look at each other and then nod.
"Please let me change back into comfortable clothes."
Kururugi enters the boy's bathroom.
"We don't really have a place for her in today's society. Even so, she is teaching me martial arts!" says Akane.
"Hmm. I see. Why did she enter the boy's bathroom?" says the woman wearing a kimono.
Kururugi comes back out wearing a blue skirt and white shirt, a variant of her white shirt and blue shorts.
"Now you are dressed like a boy!" says the woman wearing a kimono.
"Huh?" say Kururugi and Akane in unison.
"Despite the fact that you young lady are wearing a skirt, your top suggests that you are dressing like a boy! Also, you were moving like a boy when sparring earlier, despite being the sensei in the situation!" says the woman in the kimono.
The three ladies exit the park and walk along the street until they come upon the place that makes and sells ice cream.
Ryoga made his own way to the Tendo's house.
Akane and Kururugi ordered a vanilla ice cream.
"My name is Akane!" says Akane.
Kururugi eating her vanilla ice cream says; "My name is Kururugi, but sometimes my sister calls me Vanilla!"
The woman wearing the kimono listens to Akane and Kururugi introduce themselves and then she says; "You can call me Nodoka! So, Akane! Are you two sisters?"
"Yes. We are two of four siblings. Our eldest sister Kasumi is 19 years old. Then Nabiki is 17 years old. I am 16 years old and Kururugi is 15 years old!" says Akane.
"I see... Akane you purposely omitted the genders of everyone except for Kasumi. Are you all sisters? Or is one of you newly a girl?" says Nodoka smiling politely.
"Huh?" says Kururugi and Akane in unison.
"You two really are sisters! All I meant is, Kururugi, you don't hold your knees together when sitting wearing a skirt. And your movement is that of a boy and not that of a girl. So, I'm guessing Kururugi and Akane, that Kururugi hasn't been a girl for more than a week!" says Nodoka.
"Miss Nodoka! How did you know?" says Akane.
"Nodoka! Just call me Nodoka! As for how I knew, I guessed! Kururugi despite being obviously a girl does not act like one! Everything she says and does suggests to any girl that she is or was a boy!" says Nodoka.
"So Nodoka! Do you live around here?" says Akane.
"Yeah. My husband and son took off to train since he was a baby! So I decided some time ago that I would live here!" says Nodoka.
"I see... Do you want to reunite with your son?" says Akane.
"You four sisters of the Tendo household? From what I could tell, you two sisters were practicing the Virgin Mantra of the Ancient Tomb sect in China, and not the anything-goes martial arts!" says Nodoka.
"How could you tell?" asks Akane.
"Your postures! Neither of you were using the anything-goes stance and were using strikes and evasions of just barely dodging the enemy. Between your footwork and your strikes with your bare hands, I concluded that you could only be practicing the Virgin Mantra! But why are you two practicing in the park?" says Nodoka.
"We have an agreement that, due to family circumstances, we can't train in the dojo unless we seal off the dojo for some time. It just happened to be easier to train in the park this time!" says Kururugi.
Kururugi and Akane finished eating their vanilla ice cream.
"We have to go! But when the time comes! I hope you reunite with your son and husband. We will come to visit you from time to time! If that's okay with you!" says Akane.
"Bye, Akane and Kururugi! Please stop by my house when you have time!" says Nodoka as she hands a paper with her home address on it to Akane.

Sometime later, Kururugi and Akane return to the house.
Kasumi is waiting at the door along with Ranma.
"Would you like a bath, Kururugi? You must be filthy!" says Kasumi as she drags Kururugi down the hall and into the bathroom.
"Ranma! Come with me!" says Akane walking towards her room.
Kururugi in the bath enjoys her time in the water as more time passes before getting out and getting dressed in a white undershirt and pants.
Akane pulls out a futon from the closet and sets it up on the ground.
Meanwhile, Kasumi enters Ranma's room and sets up a futon for Kururugi to sleep in tonight.
With any luck, Genma and Ranma won't question the sleeping arrangements for tonight.
Kururugi enters Ranma's room just as Kasumi finishes setting up the room for Kururugi to sleep in.
Kururugi climbs into the futon and concentrates.
Her hair lengthens and she ties it up using a dragon's whisker.
Then she concentrates again.

Everyone goes to sleep in their assigned places.