Chapter Thirty

Chapter Thirty

Jackson Blake's POV

Jackson Blake's POV

WARNING ⚠️: THERE ARE SOME DESCRIPTIONS IN THIS CHAPTER THAT VIEWERS MAY FIND DISTRESSING. PLEASE READ WITH CAUTION.

I sat back down in the cold leather seat, her piercing eyes analyse me, trying to unpick my secrets. It was like we'd never left. Slater sat in the corner, his lips sealed, and the lady I'd seen yesterday sat opposite me, her mouth curved in a soft smile and I'd be lying if I said it didn't put me at ease.

"Lovely for you to have joined me again Jackson. Before we begin, I thought I'd properly introduce myself, my name is Janet, I'm a witch who majored in psychology and then later got a Ph.D. in psychotherapy. I've been doing this for 25 years now. I'm married to a warlock and together we have two children. I live in the countryside and I enjoy painting," as she tells me about herself, I started to sink into the comfort around me. I feel like I'm in a white padded room, just me and her and it feels more personal, knowing a bit about her.

"So, we unpacked a lot yesterday, I'd like for you to share your thoughts and tell me what you learnt or discovered in our last session," she insists and I take a deep breath before starting.

"I learnt that my past has a lot to do with my present. I learnt that I'm a freak that needs violence in their relationship to feel normal. I learnt that I have an abandonment issue. I learnt that my mate doesn't acknowledge or reassure me the way I want him to," I tell her, and she offers me a soft smile.

"So there's a lot there right? How did you feel coming out of our last session?" She queries.

"Frustrated. Defeated. Angry." I admit.

"So there's a lot of big feelings there. There's a lot you're having to come to terms with and a lot that you've discovered about yourself, your relationship, and your past. I can imagine that's a lot to process. I want to pick up a few points from our last session if you wouldn't mind. We'll start slow, I want you to talk through what you want from your mate," she suggests and I felt relieved that she wasn't going in too heavy, to begin with.

"I don't know," I sigh, dejected by the question, but she raises a brow as though to ask me to say whatever comes to my mind. "It's like my mind a mess. I don't know what I want from him. He's like a switch, one second he's on the next he's off. He can go from laughing and joking with me to angry and frustrated. I like it when he's dominant and authoritative, but then sometimes I want to laugh with him, and other times I just want him to hold me to him and kiss me," I tell her.

"Ok. Do you think there are certain occasions when each of those desires are appropriate? So, do you think you'd want him to hold you when you're going to bed together? Be dominant and authoritative when you're in company with other people or want to have rough sex? To laugh together when you're alone and spending time with one another? Do you think it's possible to have all of those desires, just at different times?" She implies and I nod, she was right once again. She's good at this. Why did I need to tear myself apart choosing what kind of treatment I wanted from my mate? Why do I feel the need to choose one?