Chapter Twenty Two

Chapter Twenty Two

Jackson's POV

You can never expect smooth sailing in a relationship. You should never expect a smooth relationship when your fucking a closeted gay. You have two choices, stay and be patient, or leave. I was in the first category. I've been there before. In many ways I still am. I still don't tell everyone I meet that I like men. I mean I never told Blake, he found out when he came to Scotland. Hell, I lied to him at first, when we went to the club, I pretended to like women.

Perhaps it's experience? I've never had a need to tell anyone I'm gay. Never had to tell family or childhood friends. Blake was the first person I've ever needed to tell, the first person I've ever come out to. So how can I walk away from Slater? I'd be a hypocrite. If I, a man who accepts they are gay, can't bring myself to tell the people I call friends that I like men, how can I expect that from Slater? A man who's denied his feelings for who knows how long. He will have millions discussing his sexuality, his relationship.

Patience is a virtue and I have to relish in the progress we achieve. There are Alpha's who know, his parents know, my closest friend knows. We might not be at the end of the journey but we are somewhere. We have made progress, even if it's only small.

I'd eventually pulled away from him after a few hours and had laid on the sofa in his office. Although I was still pained by Slater's words, I guess you could say my thoughts led to a mutual understanding. I'd concluded that it wasn't about being marked, it's about having to publicly accept his sexuality and publicly accept his relationship. If he could make the mark go away when he's in public then I don't think he'd object to it. Right now, I think he'd want it. But he commands respect and authority and his fear is people will lose that respect or question his authority if he's in love with a man.

It doesn't settle me, it doesn't make me happy, but I do understand it. Do I have to accept it? No, I could walk away and say I deserve better, I could be selfish and only think about myself. But I can't argue with the feeling that's deep in my chest that tells me that this man is made for me. That I will have the happiest years of my life with him. I can't leave someone who's so torn between what he's known for so many years and what he desires more than anything. It's an internal battle only he can decide on and I don't want to put the added pressure on him. Although, I can't say I don't fear what my wolf is capable of.

I was broken from my thoughts when I felt a presence standing over me. I opened my eyes to see the beautiful man who I can't stop thinking about. "Come, we have work to do," he states, moving away and walking toward the door. That demanding tone never helps. It always makes me tingle, it begs me to disobey him so he'll punish me. "I won't say it again, get up," he bites out and I know he can smell how aroused I am. I think he does it on purpose, he knows how it turns me on.

I huff and pull myself up from the sofa. Following him down the halls, I can't help but stare at his muscles. I want to run my hands across them, touch every inch of his skin. God, he makes me horny in ways I've never felt before.