Chapter Three

Chapter Three

Jackson Blake's POV

Jackson Blake's POV

My heart pounds in my chest as I run the bus route back to campus. Of course no buses are running and the session begins in 25 minutes. I can't be late. Please don't let me be late. My outfit makes me increasingly uncomfortable as I run, the taut material displays every ridge on my body, including my lower region, if anyone dares to look. Why was I so stupid to wear this?

Trying to rid myself of overthinking, I focus on the rhythm of my breathing, calming the erratic breaths to preserve as much of my energy as possible. My body is unforgiving for the lack of stretching, my joints pop and my muscles ache and they were pushed from 0 to 100 in a matter of moments. Yet sure enough, the campus come into view and I pull out my phone to find I've made it with a good thirteen minutes to spare. God please be on my side.

I lightly jog the pathway to the edge of the woods, the large house is a view to behold but it didn't matter as relief floods my body when I set sights on the crowd before it. You can do this. Just don't embarrass yourself.

Walking forward, the chatter from the crowd gets louder and it does nothing to numb the anxiety that blisters inside of me. The large black gates close off the perimeter of the grounds and before it stands a man, only slightly shorter than me, but definitely more muscular. His face holds a scowl, an air of authority surrounding him as he glances towards a clipboard that's grasped tightly in his firm grip. Be firm, don't take no for an answer. Don't be a failure Jackson, you're always a fucking failure.

Inhale. Exhale. Inhale. Exhale. "Name," the sharp demand is bitten from his lips and I quickly try to swallow but my throat is about as dry as Gandhi's flip flop.

"I'm not on it," I state, my tone is coming out equally as sharp and I could only thank whoever's looking over me right now that my voice didn't break. You can't show weakness.

My eyes scan the crowd, who're thankfully out of earshot and are paying no mind to anyone trying to enter the gates. The clearing is illuminated by large overhead lights but the tree line is dark and dismal, with whatever lurking inside unseeable to the human eye. "If you aren't on the list then leave. You shouldn't be on these premises. If you don't, I'll have you removed." He bites back, my eyes meeting his dark brown iris' which beg me to test him.

Stepping forward, my face to his, I let the adrenaline talk for me. Keeping my voice low and threatening, enough to ensure only he can hear and no unnecessary attention is brought my way. "Listen, I don't know who the fuck you are and quite frankly I don't give a fuck. I want you to take that pretentious little arse of yours and find me Alpha Samuel King. Do I make myself clear?" My tone is fierce causing him to step back and gulp nervously.

Despite some people thinking I don't look the part, I've always held this mysterious level of power in my tone, one that's always had people following my command. That's why I had every reason to believe the man before me would crumble just like the others.