Chapter Twenty One

Chapter Twenty One

Jackson's POV

When I woke up, my body ached but I could only be grateful that my mind was clear, no doubt inside me as I question whether I'm in control of myself. I felt like I'd been possessed. Like my body wasn't my own. The room was dark, as I sat up, the voice from the corner could have had me pissing the bed.

"What the fuck did you do?" His voice booms across the room. His back is pressed against the wall as he glares over at me. How long had he been there? Watching me sleep? I can't help but feel the guilt bubble in my stomach. I just killed a man. "Look at me," he growls as he strides over to me, taking my face in his hand and forcing my eyes to his. "Do you fucking realise you just killed one of my men," he bites out, rage lacing his tone.

I yank my face from his hand, hitting his hand away from me. "Your man?" I bite back, adrenaline pumping through my veins as I yank the sheets from off me and stand in front of him. That rage was back, overtaking my body and running through my bones. That glow was back, but it wasn't just my eyes this time, it was my whole body. I was jealous at his words, angry that he wasn't acknowledging me as his equal. "If he spoke to you the way he did to me, you'd have killed him just like I did," my voice wasn't mine again, it's huskier and deeper. I felt like an observer in my own body. Like everything before me was tunnel-visioned and I no longer had control of my body or voice. There wasn't a lie in my words. He'd have killed his guard too if he disrespected him. He'd kill him for something as small as an odd look.

I could see Slater's rage simmer, he was looking at the ribbons of gold light encasing my body like a shield. I could see the flashes of curiosity, hesitation, but mostly...fear. He wasn't the type to feel fear. He's the Alpha, the King, they don't feel fear, hell, they hardly feel at all. I stepped closer until my nose grazed his. "Listen to me and listen to me closely," I start, my voice low and threatening, daring him to challenge me. "You are mine," I growl. "Your men are my men and if I chose to kill every single mutt that disrespects me I'll murder every single fucking one of them," I shout, backing him up to the wall behind him. I could see his worry, but I could also see his rage. Shouting at Slater Devor is the last thing you ever want to do.

His eyes go black, his canines elongate and he growls so loudly the house shakes beneath me. "I'm your Alpha," he threatens, towering over me and I feel myself shrink. Whatever has taken over me, it loves to challenge him, it loves to make his voice heard. It's rebellious, daring even. It wants the Alpha to know that they aren't weak or defenseless. "Back down before I make you," he spits out. I should have backed down, and yet I could feel the excitement bubble inside me. Whatever had taken over me, it wanted to push his limits, see how far he'd take it. It wanted to anger him, wanted to make him react.

"You're not my Alpha," I hissed and he lunged at me, tackling me to the floor. My body collided with the floor beneath me, my flesh bruised at the contact. He hated defiance with everything in him. He owns every wolf, nobody can stand before him and outright disobey him. He'd never been in this position before, where someone had challenged him. Worse, however, he'd never been in a position where someone had defied him and he couldn't rip their throat out.