Chapter Thirty Two

Chapter Thirty Two

Jackson Blake's POV

Jackson Blake's POV

I can't describe how I'm feeling. As I sit in his office, lay across the sofa and staring at my strong, handsome mate, I couldn't begin to describe the overwhelming feelings inside me. His palm rests on his temple, his body hunched over the desk as his eyes scan the papers in his hand. There's something about a man who is lost in his own thoughts and drowning out the world around him. It's strangely erotic.

He's intelligent and handsome. He's anyones ideal partner. It had been a few days since our events in the therapy room. We're more comfortable around each other. He hasn't become unnecessarily angry, and in the same breath, he hasn't become overly tentative, not unless I've asked for it. It feels like we're smooth sailing. It feels like progress.

Mostly I'd sit with him in his office, studying or reading a book. Which is why I'm here, observing him from a far as he works. He hasn't done anything untoward or harsh since therapy, he just lets us sit in each other's company, comfortable and at peace. I don't expect therapy to be a cure, but it has given us both an understanding of each other that I'd forever be grateful for. I don't feel the need to suppress myself anymore. I don't feel like I have to keep my thoughts to myself. When I have these overwhelming thoughts and doubts, I feel like I can turn to my mate in those times of need.

"You look very deep in thought," Slater's deep and husky voice chimed towards me, his eyes no longer scanning his documents but instead piercing against me as he tries to unravel my thoughts. I stand up and walk towards him, moving my body around his desk, to which he responds and swivels his chair to face me.

"Am I now?" I whisper down to him as I straddle his thighs. He raises his brow to me but wraps his arms around me and rest his hands on my ass.

"Hmm you do. What's going through that pretty little head of yours?" He mutters back with a smirk before pressing his lips to mine. He pulls back and I stare down at him, resting my hand against his cheek and searching his eyes for an answer.

"You just amaze me," I murmur, stroking his jaw and letting my eyes flick over his face, knowing my next words were going to hurt. Letting him hear what my head had been spinning with ever since I'd sat on that leather sofa and exposed my emotions. "Slater, I think I need a break," it pained me to say the words, like I was stabbing myself with small needles. But I believe this is my only hope to salvage myself. The best solution.

His eyes looked confused and his brow pulled into a frown as he went to speak. "Just hear me out," I whisper, gently rubbing my finger over his bottom lip. "I love you and that won't ever change, but right now I don't love myself. I don't recognise myself. I desperately want to stay here and figure things out with you, to make it all better but I'm scared that that's not the solution I need. I'm scared because I think I have to go down this journey alone. I've lost my confidence. I've lost my edge. I'm not the same man that I remember. I need to go away and work out these issues, to process them and understanding so that I can come back and love you the way I want to love you," I muttered down to him, begging him to understand.