Chapter Nineteen

Chapter Nineteen

Jackson's POV

It's been six months. I'd walked away from my soul mate half a year ago. I'd made some observations and there are changes since leaving that just couldn't go unnoticed. My nightmares had returned. Some were about back home and others were Slater's body deep inside other women. It stopped me from wanting to sleep. It made me sleep deprived and exhausted that he'd touched another woman like that. Thus, those blissful weeks of deep sleep had gone away and my insomnia had returned.

I spend most of my nights studying, painting, and drawing. I'd done a few portraits of Slater, not that I'd ever show him, I just couldn't get him out of my head. I also couldn't get that girl out of my head either.

The pain hadn't dulled away like most heartache would in six months, oh no, it has only gotten worse. I was getting sick more often, had consistent headaches, my stomach would tie in knots at the thought of him, and on more than one occasion I'd had to run to the bathroom to empty my stomach. I'd also had to satisfy myself at the thought of him more often than not. In those moments of boredom my body only warmed for him, he's the only man who can make me aroused. Nobody else made me want it the same way. Nowadays, porn and people I meet are all dull and uninteresting, bland to look at, and dire to talk to. They just don't rope me in the way he did. They don't satisfy me.

I'd moved into a small flat in downtown LA. I wasn't willing to go back to Slater's house on his private island. Most of the Pledges I came through with have moved into new homes or the Alpha Fraternity house. I definitely didn't want to go there either. I wanted to leave all of them behind me, I didn't want to bump into any of them, I wanted to be self-contained in my bubble. I guess my loner habits have sunk back in.

I had debated going back to the luxury flat outside of campus, courtesy of my scholarship with Alpha Academy, but once I'd officially become a member, the apartment was reallocated. So I was stuck between a rock and a hard place. My stubborn self wasn't willing to go back to Alpha Fraternity and so I'd requested all my classes be scheduled online. I then found an apartment and moved to downtown LA. See downtown LA is very multicultural, there's China Town, Little Tokyo, the arts district, and a multitude of museums. There's also a lot of bars around this area, so it's lively but it's not a safe place to be. There's a lot of gang activity in the area, the violent crime rates are high so is it ideal? No, but it's the best I could do.

I'd just had a good night out in one of the bars nearby. They were playing some of the sports in there and when I have the free time I'll take myself off now and again. As I stumbled back into the block of flats, I tugged my key out of my pocket and tried to unlock the door. Once I managed to get in, I sigh, placing my keys down and closing the door, I switched on the light which was far too bright by my standards. But that didn't bother me this time, because on the sofa sat a large figure, their muscles peaking through their shirt, tattoos covering their body and I froze against the door. Slater Devor.