Ch 68

Batman laid face down on the ground with his eyes shut. At first there was no movement from the hero but then his finger began to twitch. Batman slowly began to wake up. As he did he let out a grown while pushing himself off the ground. Fully awake Batman stood tall before the sight in front of him.

Batman mind: a carnival?

Batman was just about to say something else when the realization hit him.

Batman: I know this place.

This was the carnival that his parents used to take him to when he was a kid. Back before he had to learn to grow up at the age of eight. Back when his father was still with them and there family was whole.
Batman then shook his head slightly to help get the memories out that were flooding back to him. None of what he was seeing was real. It was all just apart of Scarecrow's fear toxin.

Batman: none of this is real.

Scarecrow: are you sure?

Batman whirled around but saw no one. Looking all over Batman tried to spot exactly where the Scarecrow's voice was coming from. But no matter where he looked Batman couldn't find the source. It was as if the voice was coming from everywhere all at once.

Scarecrow: who says nothing you see is really? It could be very real.

Batman may not have been able to find where Scarecrow's voice was coming from but that doesn't mean he was intimidated. Crane wanted him to be scared and Batman wasn't about to give him what he wanted.

Batman: you're quirk makes people see there fears Crane. Adding a few chemicals to it won't give you the ability to create worlds.

Scarecrow: you maybe right Batman, I can't create physical world. But to the mind who's to say this isn't real and if the mind is ruined what then?

Batman didn't answer he knew what would happen. Without the mind the body is completely useless. Scarecrow knew what he was doing. Crane picked psychological warfare and he was definitely the best at it.

Scarecrow: there's no way out of this Batman. In here I will always win and when I win your mind will be destroyed. With your mind destroyed you will be destroyed.

Scarecrow was so sure of his victory and honestly he had every right to be. But even with all the odds stacked against him Batman wasn't about to roll over and give in.

Batman: you're wrong Crane there is a way out........

Batman walked up to the locked gate that helped keep people out while the carnival was closed. He then proceeded to kick it open.

Batman: all I have to do is make it through this nightmare of yours.

Batman then began to make his way into the abandoned carnival.

Batman: I'm coming for you Crane.

The Carnival looked like all the colors and happy memories were sucked right out of the place. Now all that was left was a bunch of machines with no one to operate them. Batman was alone inside the whole place.
None of that fazed him though. Batman knew that none of what he was seeing was real. With work to do he continued forward while mentally preparing himself for what was to come. Almost immediately as Batman stepped through the gates of carnival his mind began to get plagued with voices. At first the voices were just whispers but they grew louder till Batman could finally hear who the voices belonged too. The voice were that of his mother and father begging to know why Izuku didn't prevent his father's death.

Scarecrow: ready to give into fear Batman?

Batman: no.

Batman continued forward pushing the voices out of his head. If he could just make it through this nightmare then he would be fine. Batman made it into the carnival and began to look around. What he was looking for even he didn't know. His search though lead him near one of the game stalls were there was a bunch of stuffed animals hanging up. Batman was just about to walk by when he stopped and looked at the animals. They all seemed to be normal prizes you would get at the carnival, all except for one.
There hanging up in the middle of the wall of stuffed animals was a stuffed scarecrow doll that looked an awful lot like Crane. Batman seeing how this doll stood out from the others began to walk closer. Slowly making his way over.