Ch 18

Izuku left Ochako and began to make his way to the arena for his fight with Crane. As he was walking down the hallway he past by the festival's infirmary seat up to give the students medical attention if need be. As he was though he kept hearing heavy breathing and small bursts of panic. As Izuku peeked into the room he saw Sero rapped up in a blanket looking like he was having a panic attack.

Izuku mind: is Crane's quirk still affecting him. He's not even near Crane anymore and it's still working. What the hell is his quirk.

Not wanting to wast anymore time Izuku hurried to the arena. As he got closer he could hear Present Mic announcing Crane as he made his way in.

PM: and hear comes Crane, another one of are brainy students here at ua that was able to fly in under the radar to the final round of the festival unnoticed.

Once Jonathan was in the ring Izuku began to make his way there too.

PM: and making his way to the arena now is Midoriya. We have seen his brain in action ladies and gentlemen, now let's see if we see his brawn.

Izuku made his way into the arena and stood across from Crane. As the to stood there Nemuri started to ask if they were ready. As she did Crane but on a face mask. Izuku confused ask what the mask was for.

Izuku: what's with the mask?

Crane: my quirk can effects me to so this mask protects me from it.

Izuku: and what is your quirk?

Crane: you'll see soon enough.

The shy timid boy Izuku meet before was gone. Instead standing before him is a confident, and rather devilish boy. Completely different from when him and Izuku first meet.

Izuku mind: his personality is completely different from what it was before. Was that before all an act so I would underestimate him.

Izuku was however pulled out of his thoughts by Nemuri signaling for the match to start. As she did Crane not wasting any time charged at Izuku. Seeing this Izuku dropped into a fighting stance and waited for Crane to come to him. Crane ran up on Izuku and was almost in his striking distance but before he was he stopped. This confused Izuku, but before he could do anything Crane shot his hand out to Izuku's face. Once Crane did this s red mist come from his hand and hit Izuku.
Immediately Izuku backed away trying to get out of the mist not knowing what it does. Izuku got out of the mist but it was to late, the effects already were starting to kick in. Izuku began to get dizzy, and his vision was starting to blur.

Izuku mind what is this, what's happening?

Crane: you wanted to know what me quirk was, it's called fear. I can create and shot out a mist that makes people see there worst fears.

Izuku then dropped to his knees from the dizziness and blurring vision.

Crane: ever since my quirk manifested I have had a fascination with fear. So tell me Midoriya what do you see, what is your greatest fear.

Izuku shut his eyes and shook his head trying to get rid of the dizziness and blurring. It didn't work though, but when Izuku opened his eyes again he was in a different place. Confused Izuku kept turning and looking around.

Izuku: what is going on, is this his quirk.

Izuku then noticed that he wasn't in his regular clothing, instead he was in the temp batsuit that Mei made for him.

Izuku: now I'm really confused.

Izuku looked around some more until he saw a familiar building. It was the movie theater the him and his dad went to that night. When Izuku looked at the marquee he noticed that was showing the All Might movie name on it.