5 | 𝗕𝗲𝘀𝘁 𝗳𝗿𝗶𝗲𝗻𝗱𝘀.

Best friend - Rex Orange County

I didn't need any more explanations for why Armin and Eren were best friends — their chemistry was insane.

Was I looking at two cute boys giggling about stupid TV shows, or was I witnessing potassium in water — they were so violently amazing together.

Jokes rolled off their tongues in waves, the conversation never became lax or boring, it just kept going like a freight train.

For the first time, I got to see Eren in a mood besides arrogant, annoyed or horny. He was so comfortable with Armin that he didn't once say something to me that pissed me off — and neither did I to him.

"Why didn't you, Y/n?" Armin teased, leading his attention to me.

"Oh God, do I have to have a reason? I just didn't want to kiss you, Eren, deal with it." I sassed.

Eren's dark eyes rolled over me calculatingly, and I felt my body tense up with excitement.

Armin smiled, "How brutal."

The project wasn't difficult, but it demanded creativity — something Eren and I severely lacked, but Armin had an abundance of it. We regrettably fed off of his brain to finish the project in the end.

Eren and Armin continued talking animatedly about a TV show I'd never heard about, and I was starting to feel intimidated by their friendship.

I could never be that close to Eren, I thought.

"Y/n, Armin, I have a proposal." Eren said after a very small silence.

"What does that wonderful brain of yours have to offer?" Armin teased, his eyes firm on his notes.

"Levi's birthday is in a few days" Eren began, "And you know how much he loves cleaning."

"Eren, no." Armin shook his head, already seeming to know his idea.

"What?" I asked curiously.

"Have you ever toilet papered a house?" Eren smiled cheekily.

"How mature of you, Eren." I shook my head, "This isn't a two-thousands comedy film — next you're gonna propose we give someone a wedgie."

"Don't be boring." Eren sighed, "It's an innocent idea, and you can tick it off your list of 'Stupid Things Eren Made Me Do' afterwards."

"Is that going to be a long list one day?" I teased at him.

Eren's eyes met mine as Armin chuckled to himself.

"It will be, trust me." Armin assured.

My head swirled just from the look Eren had given me.

We kept talking — again, like freight trains — but I was much less composed and less confident.

Because, for the first time, he looked at me without hatred in his eyes.

He looked at me like I was something he liked.

*