10 | 𝗕𝗿𝘂𝗻𝗲𝘁𝘁𝗲𝘀 𝗸𝗶𝘀𝘀 𝗯𝗲𝘁𝘁𝗲𝗿.

Meg Myers - Desire [Hucci Remix]

We three walked back to campus together in the chilling air — an air that carried Eren's prominently foul mood. Armin and I silently wrote it off as Eren's mother causing it, but truly I knew the real reason.

I may look the part, but I'm not a fucking idiot.

Armin kissed me right there in the parking lot. Of course Eren noticed it, and of course it bothered him — like Sasha said, he's weirdly possessive about Armin, right?

We said goodnight to Armin at the door, and I watched his frame round the corner as he walked down the hall while Eren went inside and sat on the edge of his bed. The light atmosphere disappeared along with Armin, and I was left with a brooding fuckboy.

I was tired; my bones were ready to give up and surrender to sleep immediately. As soon as I closed the door, however, Eren's deep voice rumbled from deep within his chest.

"You have guts, Y/n." He chuckled darkly, shaking his head slowly as if to tell me how much trouble I was in.

"Yeah? Do I?" I mused light-heartedly, disregarding the tone in his voice and plopping my backpack onto my bed.

"Fuck, you're so fucking annoying." He said, his anger shaking his 'f's.

I looked over at him with my furrowed brows and wide eyes.

"What's your problem?" I asked.

That sentence — although so simple as it rolled off of my lips — was the pulling of the pin to the grenade of his temper.

He rose from his bed, his eyes questioning my audacity and burning their intense stare into my soul.

"What's my fucking problem?" He nearly laughed, "My problem is you — you trying to fuck my best friend."

"What?" I asked dumbly.

"Don't act fucking dumb. What — did you think I wouldn't notice? The way you drool over him like a fucking dog?" Eren's voice rumbled louder as he inched closer to me.

His words seared my heart, which was already palpitating in panic. I'd never seen Eren this angry — sure we argued every now and then, but his anger was nothing like this. This was genuine — I could see it in his eyes, how they swirled with resentment and glared at me with such intensity that they shook me up.

If looks could kill, I would have been dead by now.

"I — I'm — we're not — " I stammered, my speech coming out brokenly.

Eren's frame loomed over me. A knot formed in my stomach, and it kept getting tighter and tighter.

"You're not what?" His voice shook, "Not fucking my best friend? Is that what you were going to say?"

He was close enough for me to feel his body heat — which was exceptionally hotter than usual. My brows furrowed so much that I probably looked bewildered.

A crumb of composure and confidence drifted across my mind. Just a crumb.

"Don't have anything smart to say now, do you?" He taunted, his voice going lower and lower with each word.

"You know something, Eren? — " I began, my voice was calmer than I expected it to be, " — Armin really knows how to treat me well — knows how to kiss me, something you could never do for anyone."