20 | 𝗔𝗻𝗴𝗲𝗹.

La Thune - Angele

The birds disrupted one of the best dreams of my life. I wasn't sure exactly what happened, but I know that Armin was there. And he was smiling. And we were happy about something.

Anyways, the strip of glaring light didn't disturb Sasha's dorm room (because the curtains were actually wide enough to fit the window...)

It was as if I wasn't even Eren's roommate at this point. He kept doing things to drive me away from our dorm room.

I listened to the birds. They were being extra talkative this morning. Sasha rustled around, peering at me from under the comforts of the blanket covering all three of us.

"Mornin'." She yawned in my face.

I scrunched my nose up, "Morning breath." I complained.

"Guys," Tori spoke groggily, "Is it Tuesday?" She asked.

Sasha confirmed that it was Tuesday.

Tori waved her arms in a celebratory motion, "Woo, no Levi morning class." She cheered cutely.

"Oh thank God..." I groaned in relief, then snuggled up to Sasha.

We three laid in bed together for the majority of the morning hour. I didn't dare touch my phone, even though I was curious if Eren sent a message last night after I fell asleep.

"How's the pain?" Tori asked, regarding our tattoos.

"Horrible, horrible..." Sasha mumbled, shaking her head and furrowing her brows.

I shuffled my feet around, "Really? I don't notice it. It's just vague tingles."

We gossiped under the comforts of the blankets, ignoring the birds who warned us of Hange's approaching midday class.

I checked my phone, told them the time, and then we three vacated the bed. I caught a glimpse of the message icon on my lock screen, but I didn't dare unlock it.

So I dropped my phone and began fixing my rough morning face. Sasha was an angel and let me borrow her clothes and a toothbrush. The three of us sluggishly got going, eventually coming to life when we started gossiping about Jean and Mika.

The situation was as such; clearly, they had a fight the other day, and Jean was hurt by Mika in some way. We thought it was plausible that she told him she's not that serious, but then again this is Mika we're talking about. Her shyness restricts her from voicing how she truly feels, even if something makes her uncomfortable.

Then we wondered aimlessly about why she was being secretive towards us, to which Tori said something like;

"Sometimes people just don't want to talk about it. She means no offence."

Mind you, this was through a mouthful of toothpaste, so it came out as a cute garble.

I was rummaging in my backpack to make sure I had everything I needed for Hange's lecture. I didn't have the necessary textbook, but Sasha let me borrow hers so that I could avoid returning to my dorm room. We laughed about how I was talking about my own dorm room as if it was a radioactive zone.

I smiled as I laid eyes on Armin's shell tucked in my backpack. I kept it wrapped safely in this childhood handkerchief that I just refused to let go of. It had a faded frog pattern, and honestly it was a little ugly if you looked at it for too long.

Anyways, his shell was snug in the inner pocket, right next to a photo of Marley's glittering sea. It was the polaroid I took with grandad's camera when I first visited Marley as a child. That camera was one of the many possessions I had to leave behind when I vacated Liberio; too many memories.