XXXIX (epilogue)

10 years later -

"JAYDENNNNNNNN GET YOUR ARSE BACK HERE YOU IMBECILE !!!" My lovely wife's voice echoed through our Modern European Themed Condo in London.

"Mamma, I'm not stupid. I know you are going to kill me if I go anywhere near you."

"Baby calm down." I said, in an attempt to calm Diana down.

"DON'T YOU DARE TELL ME TO CALM DOWN MR. GARFIELD. THIS IS HIS 17TH COMPLAINT FROM SCHOOL."

"Wait what ??? What did you do buddy ???" I asked, looking at Jayden, who was hiding under the table from his scary mother.

"Don't buddy him."

"Okay, Jayden, what did you do ?"

"Nothing much, just punched a boy in school." He answered, casually.

"Wait what ? Why ?" I asked, shocked.

"He picked on Lily and called her names. No one gets to annoy my sister apart from me."

"Well, son, that's a lovely thought but you can't just go around hitting people."

"Exactly." Diana said, calming herself down a bit and bending down to reach Jayden's height to pull him out of under the table and make him sit on the couch.

"Violence is not the answer sweetheart." She continued.

"Yes, your mum is right. Fighting only creates more trouble."

"But you both fight the bad guys in the movies."

"Because that is in the movies love." I said, sitting beside him and taking his small hands into mine. "It's not reality. If we start using violence against violence then there would be no difference between them and us right ?"

"Right."

"So promise that you're not going to hit anyone at school again ?"

"Promise."

"Now, where's your sister ?"

"I'm here." Came a voice from the staircase.

"What are you doing up there princess ?" I asked my daughter.

"Mamma was being scary. I didn't want to face her wrath."

"I can understand love." I said.

"Excuse me ?" Diana glared at the three of us.

"What ? They aren't wrong."

"You know what ? I'm leaving. Let's see how many days you three can survive without me." Diana joked and as soon as she said that, Jayden and Lilibeth ran to her and hugged her tightly as if to never let go.

"Mumma please don't go."

"Yes mumma, don't go. Dad can't cook at all." Ouch. That one hurt.

"Don't worry love, I'm not leaving you with thst man." She said, hugging our kids closer and opening one arm for me, which I take without a second thought.

Oh how I love my family.
_______________________________________

Diana's POV -

"Hi wifey." Andrew said, wrapping his arms around my waist and kissing my collarbone while I got ready to go to bed.

"Hi husband." I said, turning around. "What are you trying to do ?"

"You."

"Uh, excuse me ?"

"What ? The kids are asleep. You, me and our soundproof bedroom - Let's go."

"You have literally the dirtiest mind on this planet."

"Well, in my defense I have the sexiest wife on this planet too."

"So cheesy Garfield."

"All for you Garfield."

"Hey, when is Ben coming ?"

"Stop talking about my best friend while I am trying to romance you, it kinda puts off the mood."

I just laughed at his despair.

"You know I am worried about Jayden." I said after a while.

"Why ?"

"I know he loves Beth but what he did today is only going to bring him in trouble."

"Hey, stip worrying so much. He's just a child. He has a whole life ahead to learn about what's right and what's wrong. Wasn't Steven like this with you too ?"

"Yes, but..." But my speech was cut off by his lips pressing on mine.

"Shhhhh...no more talking." He said in a husky voice before picking me up in bridal style and taking me to the bed.

_______________________________________

And that's the end of Dear Diana. ❤