Chapter 10

At first I thought it was the maid. But when I saw a white bikini at the corner of my eyes I rolled them.

I didn't say anything, neither did Nina as she walked up to the other side of the bar and opened a can of something orange.

We both drank from our glasses, in a silence I didn't expect from her. She took a loud sip and set her can down. Red nails. The edge of the can stained with red lipstick.

For a moment we locked eyes. Hers that shiny glare, one I never got from other women. Sometimes I think that if she wasn't so brave with me, I wouldn't want her in my bed but she was.

She didn't know her boundaries. She had that annoying, curious layer to her I wanted to break down. Crush with my hands and watch it fall.

I set my glass down and headed to the inside of the bar, though I didn't know why. I already had my whiskey.

Nina's eyes followed, and she pursed her lips as she ran a tongue over her teeth. "Why were you staring at me? Earlier on?"

"Cause I wanted to."

"Not a man of many words are you?"

I placed some bourbon down and walked across the bar to the counter in between us. "Can't say the same about you."

A half amused, half agitated breath left her mouth. On second thought, this shitty juice was good. I snatched her glass from her and threw the liquid back, a gasp leaving her mouth.

"Thats mine!"

"Not anymore."

Her face scrunched up with annoyance. For a while she stared at me as if it'd burn holes into my face, but I only found it cute.

"You're an ass." She finally muttered.

"And you're getting on my nerves."

"The feelings mutual. Oh and by the way, don't look at me like you did today, it's completely inappropriate and ill-suited."

A breath of amusement almost left my mouth. She thought she could tell me what to do. "I'll look at you if I fucking want."

"Rich coming from someone who decided I was best for his brother."

"Yeah, cause his Fiancée's a goddamn lunatic."

Her eyebrows lowered at my words, and she leaned against the bar moving her face closer to mine. "Take that back."

"No."

When she realised I was being serious, her eyes narrowed. She rested her palms on the bar between us and leaned forward and though she could barely reach my collar, her face was so close, I could see the smudged liner around her lips.

Her eyes flickered down as she moved a palm over my abs, and shudder rocked over me. This was not fucking good.

"You hate me huh? Well you wait and see Luciano." She said quietly. "Every occasion, every dinner, I'm going to be there to make your life so miserable you'll wish your family never dealt with mine."

When I grabbed her nape, her lips parted. "Mess with me all you want. But don't blame me when you have to deal with the consequences."