Chapter 67

~Luca POV~

Blood. Exploding everywhere. My shirt was drenched in it now. I was breathless, but me and Elmo didn't give up fighting. Neither did they, the masked bastards kept lunging at us one by one.

They were spawning out of nowhere, shooting holes into our walls and mobbing us, but they were not match for me.

I had the room piled up with so many bodies you'd think it was a fucking war. We killed and killed and killed, and then the room went quiet.

Dead quiet. It rang in my ears, and cleared like smoke does after a fire. Red was splattered on every inch of me and Elmo, some even in my mouth.

Seeing that we killed all of them, I pulled my knife out of one of the fuckers and walked out of the main entrance.

I searched around the place, hearing Carlos's goddamn rap music from a distance. Fuck, he was still alive. Thank god. Nina had some sort of instinct to keep him away from danger so I told him to stand by a tree and wait.

"Let's go, Eminem." I called out, walking to my car as my phone started ringing.

Fuck. I have no time for this, I said to myself, but when I read the name of the guard that worked outside my house, I stopped in my tracks.

The world around me became silent. So much, that all I could hear was my blood rushing through my veins. "Fucking bark."

"The house is on fire- you have to get here fast boss." He muttered, panting.

And all of a sudden every single sound made around me amplified into a deafening, excruciating screech.

I didn't think. I ran to the car, getting in and not giving a damn about leaving Carlos or Elmo behind. All I could think of was her.

My breaths were loud and quick as I sped through Vegas, dialling Nina and begging for her to pick up. Over and over and over again.

Until I threw the phone against the dashboard with impatience. She was okay. I'd get there and she'd be waiting outside, and everything would be fine.

"Fuck!" I spat, knowing damn well it wouldn't. She was my first priority. Knowing that I left her made me want to fucking kill myself. If anything happened to her, I'd cut my own goddamn heart out.

The car skidded as I stopped outside the house and got out. It was glowing from the inside, fire loomed behind every window and that was when tears burned at the back of my eyes.

She wasn't gone. I refused to fucking believe it. I rushed around the outside of house trying to find a window that wasn't lit, and saw one. It was small, a few metres up but I climbed onto the outdoor garbage bin and almost reached it. Holding onto a pipe for support I smashed the window with my fist, and crawled inside.

Ir smelt like burnt wood. Gas. And fear.

"NINA!!!??"

I ran out of the bathroom into the hallway, but froze when I saw the flames at the end of it. It was so fucking hot inside, my skin was starting to itch.

"NINA!!??" I called out. I ran through every fireless corridor, my body shaking with panic. She had to be here. If not, then outside and safe. I kicked down the bedroom door, which was also in flames.

She was nowhere to be seen.

At the top of my lungs I shouted her name again, praying she'd reply. When there was no answer, something twisted inside of me and I fell on my knees. My skin glossy with sweat. Muscles aching. I was choking on my breath, and losing so much oxygen I couldn't move, before I heard it.