Chapter 47

"You're lying." He declared. His voice was emotionless, but a tense vibe emanated through him, and it made me believe I was getting to him. He then licked the blood off of his lip. "Say you're lying."

His hand grabbed me by the nape and demanded an answer, one I knew if I gave, I'd be diving right into a pool of him.

I already was slipping into the waters. When I inhaled, his scent was light. It only carried me away to a clueless state, blurred my thoughts like it was the strongest type of drug.

Its effect was so intense I wasn't even fazed when his fingers brushed mine, and he slid my ring off. A light clink hit the floor.

Our faces had grown close - so close I could count his eyelashes, and the man had many.

"Say it." He demanded. His hand tightened in my hair, and my eyes almost rolled back. It was comforting, and made my body quiver with need against his. "I need to know that you'll give me a second chance."

His breaths ghosted over my lips, slow and deep compared to the loud thumping of my heart. Clammy palms. Cheeks burning- God, we'd kissed before. We'd done more than kissed, and still I felt like a nervous wreck.

"No." I replied, my voice light and airy. It was enjoyable  watching the menacing haze in his eyes grow heavier. The truth was, I was too focused on the proximity of our mouths to care about what we were talking about. That carnal part of me had truly taken over, and suddenly I feared I'd burst into flames if our lips didn't touch. "I-"

His lips were on mine. Slowly, gently, like he was caressing me into his soul. All my thoughts came to a halt and the only thing I could think of was the way my mouth molded onto his. Stubble. Soft lips. The light taste of blood and him. He kissed me like I was fragile at first, but then as his embrace became more heated it deepened.

Tongue, teeth, groans. I nipped his lower lip to get more sounds out of him, capturing every one in my mouth.

The weight of his hand moved down my form before he pulled me closer to him by the hip, and no matter how badly I wanted to hate him - I couldn't walk away. Neither could I push away the ache to touch him. To run my hands over his smooth bodice, to grab onto his hair, kiss him endlessly and tell him he could only touch me, and me only.

His muscles tensed as I placed a palm over them. I would have tried to deny my need, but after months of being without him I suddenly felt ravenous to fulfil my hunger all at once.

My arms wrapped around his neck and a sound of satisfaction came from my throat.

"Tell me you'll forgive me." He spoke again. It wasn't a sweet suggestion. The order was deep and commanding and wouldn't take no for and answer.

We kissed each other like it was our oxygen.

"No." I replied. He licked my upper lip, a moan leaving me when he moved his tongue deeper into my mouth.

"Say it."

"No."

He threw me into his arms. And I let him.

I was a fool, but the craving inside of me had grown so desperate I couldn't think of anything else. Luciano carried me to our room, his lips still on mine as we both stumbled onto the bed.