Chapter 26

My chest rose against his. I stared into his eyes with sheer disbelief, I wasn't expecting that answer. From the look in his eyes I knew this was a dare - this had suddenly turned into a game. His game.

My mouth inched closer. The beat in my chest was an uneven mantra, one he could definitely hear. He simply watched like he was a king. Like this was something he deserved, like I owed him.

I lightly pressed my mouth onto his, inhaling a breath as I did. I just had to tremble at the feeling. His lips were soft, warm and perfect against mine. They didn't move, yet satisfaction still hummed in my chest. Everything inside me had melted to liquid with his power, and I let it. Liquid has no backbone. It can't stand on its own, it simply slipped through his fingers and hit the ground.

I fought hard not to let a sound escape me, not to slip my tongue in or move my lips. It was like finally being able to breathe. Breathe. My lungs begged for air, and I finally pulled back enough to look him in the eye.

We stared at eachother. Him at me with desire burning at the edges, and me at him with confliction. A skip in my heartbeat. I couldn't go back. My hands grabbed his collar and I kissed him again. Harder. Rougher.

The hunger wouldn't let me refuse. I had to give in, or it'd eat me alive. My tongue licked his upper lip. Warm palms slid to my jaw, and grumble of satisfaction left his throat - it was the hottest thing I'd ever heard.

Hunger quickly bled into the kiss. His tongue slipped out and grazed mine, tasting every inch of me as my hands tightened on his collar. Teeth. Tongue. His stubble against my palms.

I couldn't breathe. He'd stolen the oxygen from my me, and replaced it with a wave of tingling that spread to my fingertips. When my hips pressed against his a hardness poked at my crotch. He was hard, but even then I didn't stop, not even when my lungs were burning and deprived of air.

He was an addiction. I couldn't stop, now that I crossed the line I knew needed more. I suddenly wanted to kiss him until my lips were sore. Until I'd tasted every inch of him over and over again and to hell with the consequences.

Suddenly he nipped my lower lip. A light moan jumped out of me, a deep "enough" commanding me to stop. Large hands pulled me away. Hot breaths fanned my lips and my eyes bore into his, something very vehement and scary in them.

"I told you what would happen if I gave in."

I blinked. Those words were supposed to scare me away, but instead they only made me intrigued. "What does that even mean?"

His finger trailed along my lower lip, and he looked at it with a warmth in his eyes. It was quickly replaced by something hard and cold. "It means you should stop messing with me." He gritted, a sudden harshness in his voice.

"Like it affects you." I paused, wondering if I should even say this, but a bitterness had crawled up by throat from his tone. Like he wanted nothing to do with me. Like he found me stupid. A stupid and worthless whore. "You were the one who backed out from the contract.

His hands dropped from my face. "Don't fucking act like it isn't something that makes you relieved."

"Of course it does." I snapped with irritation.

His jaw tightened. There was an undeniable anger in his voice. "Must feel good having a husband who doesn't give a damn about you huh?"