Chapter 46: Rarest of Revelations

Elena felt the sunlight shine through the tent, easing her from sleep.
She slowly opened her eyes, realizing she was asleep on an actual bed. It confused the shadowhunter at first, as she had gotten used to sleeping on the hard ground on a sleeping bag for the last two weeks of her life.
But then she remembered what happened last night, she remembered Geralt, and what he said to her, that she was important to him.

Elena had to wonder to herself, if that was somehow the witcher's declaration of love for her. Or maybe she was reading too much into it.
Either way, Elena still had that warm, fuzzy feeling inside, knowing that she truly meant something to Geralt. 

Elena stretched a bit, still lying on her stomach, then turned to see her white haired lover lying on his back, staring at the top of the tent, looking like he had been up for while.
He looked over to see she was awake.
"Good morning," he said with a raspy voice and a small smile on his face.
Elena smiled back, also staring at the top, those warm feelings coming back again.

Maybe this could work out after all.

-----------------------------

"Looks like someone slept well last night," Isabelle says with a smirk seeing her sister exit the tent, and noticing the wide smile on Elena's face.

"Well it helps to have a soft mattress for a change," Elena points out.
"Why did you do that for the rest of us before?" Jace questions Magnus, scowl on his face. "Now that wouldn't keep in line with the full camping experience would it?" Magnus shrugs, "and this was a special occasion."
"And how exactly were Belgium waffles and strawberry mimosas for breakfast part of the full camping experience?" Clary asks, smirk on her face, to which the warlock made a glaring look.

"So, I trust you were able to talk then with your lover?" Magnus asks Elena. "We did talk, yeah," Elena nods, "I appreciate your little gesture, Magnus. Thanks." "Oh just consider it me fulfilling a debt for saving my life," Magnus insists. "You didn't to think of it like that," Elena admits, "you're Alec's boyfriend, that practically makes us family at this point. I've always been rooting for you guys...just kinda wished he'd feel the same way about me and Geralt."
"...you know Alexander longer then I have, given that the two of you did share a womb for nine months," Magnus explains, "but I think I know him well enough to know he's protective of his family, and it takes time for him to adjust to something new. I also know he really does want you to be happy...but he doesn't want to see you get hurt."
"Yeah, that's Alec alright," Elena shrugs, "hey, that reminds me, Magnus why didn't you stay behind? Thought you and Alec would've wanted to work on your relationship since getting back together again." "And miss out on an opportunity like this?" Magnus points out, "since Alec couldn't go, he wanted to make sure he had people looking out for you this time." "But I have Isabelle and Jace for that," Elena points back, "Also, I would've thought your position as the High Warlock of Brooklyn would've kept you from doing this."

Magnus went silent at that, something that didn't go unnoticed by Elena.
"Magnus...is there something you're not telling me...and probably hadn't told Alec for that matter either?"
"It's not official," Magnus admits, "But there's been talk ever since the fallout from my decision to lend support to the Seelie Queen. My uh, position as High Warlock, for the time, being has been suspended, and judging by the way things are going, there's a good chance I'll be...replaced. I figured maybe some time away might help get my mind off of that possibility." "But Alec doesn't know yet," Elena says. "Again, it's not official," Magnus reiterates, "and Alexander already has a lot on his plate right now as it is, and on the very small chance I'll get to keep my position, I wouldn't want him to end up worrying over nothing." 

Before Elena could say anything, she sees Geralt walking out of the tent, fully dressed in his armor. She wondered how long it usually takes for him to put it on.