Chapter 19: Blood and Arguments

This takes place between season 2, episodes 16 and 17 of Shadowhunters.

--------------Shadowhunter dimension: the Institute-------------

"Any word from Izzy yet?" Jace inquires of Alec. "Nothing so far," Alec answers, "I've starting to have second thoughts. I should've gone with them." "Hey, I don't like this either," Jace admits, "And it it were under normal circumstances, I would've gone too, but we have other things to worry about right now on top of all this."

"I know," Alec says, "It's just..I feel so stupid. We should've known the Seelies had something set up for Clary, and Elena paid the price for it." "Hey, it's not your fault," Jace assures, "Elena chose to go with Clary, you are not to blame. She's a fighter, she'll do whatever it takes to get back home."
Jace could see Alec still had some doubts. As long as Jace could remember, Alec and Elena were always close to each other. As technically the oldest, Alec always felt responsible for looking out for his siblings, but his twin sister he especially felt the need to protect her at all costs. As far as Jace was concerned, this was the longest Alec and Elena were ever separated, and now Alec was in a position where he had to prioritize his shadowhunter duties above his family. It couldn't be easy for him.
And even if Jace and Alec were bonded in the soul sense, Alec had a special connection to Elena was unique and something the blonde shadowhunter would never be able to share with Alec.

"Hey, if you hadn't shown up when you had at Lake Lyn, Clary wouldn't be here, well she would've but she wouldn't have been herself," Jace decides to change the subject while trying to make his parabatai feel better, "Seems like you and Elena really go out of your ways to keep her safe." "Yeah, that's something," Alec deadpans.

"Guess, that means I owe you both big time for keep saving my life," the two boys hear Clary as she approached, "Nothing from Izzy yet?" "No," Alec shakes his head, "We'll give it till the end of the day and if we still don't hear from her yet, I'll talk to Magnus."

Clary thinks about it for a second, thinking about the rune she had created not too long ago, "Maybe I could go find her and Elena," She suggests, "I could use that rune I made right? The one that portaled us to Lake Lyn in the first place." "Maybe," Jace agrees, "You think you could make a portal that can transcend dimensions?" "It's worth a shot," Clary says. "Maybe hold off on that for a bit," Alec speaks up, "We don't need to lose anymore people, especially with my dad serving as envoy for the Clave."

"That reminds me," Clary says, "How exactly have you been able to keep all this stuff away from your dad?" "...I told him I sent Elena and Isabelle on a special scouting mission to look for Valentine," Alec answers, "So far he's bought it, but I don't know how long it'll last."

"We'll cross that bridge if and when we get there," Jace assures.

"...Is there anything else you need to say?" Clary asked, noticing that look on Alec's face.
"There...is something," Alec admits, then motions for Clary and Jace to follow him to a room where they could have this discussion in private.

-----------Witcher's Dimension--------------

"What's the plan here?" Yennefer asks as Isabelle pulled out there Seraph blade and Elena her bow and arrow, ready to face the horde.

"There's no way to cure them at this point," Elena informs, "kill em fast and make sure they stay dead. Remember they don't fell pain so superficial cuts won't do it."

Nodding Yennefer pulls out her dagger and Geralt his iron sword. "I guess I'll just stand here and guard Simon," Jaskier awkwardly says kneeling next to Simon to see if the guy was still kicking.

The fours warriors stand their ground. Elena shot as many arrows as she could to the Forsaken in front, aiming for the head each time. "There's too many of them and they're not slowing down," she says in frustration.