Chapter 20: Conversations by the Fire

Despite still fuming, Elena pulled Isabelle aside so they could talk alone, "Well," she says, trying to change the subject, "Since we know a shadowhunter was here, causing all this trouble, what do we do?" "I don't know," Izzy admits, "If this is our world, the Clave would've sent someone to take care of this. But...I'm guessing those rules don't apply here."
"The Clave would want to know if it was someone from the Circle that was behind all this," Elena points out, "...that is if the Clave even knows about this world."
"...well then what do we do?" Isabelle inquires of her sister. "We'll both need to go back and investigate," Elena says, then looks back at their new friends, "But, as I've said before, we can't just leave these people at the mercy of the demons."

"You sure you even want to go back?" Isabelle presses. Elena noticed the small smirk on her sister's face. "Izzy," Elena scolds, "I don't have feelings for him." "I didn't say anything," Izzy backs off. "You don't have to," Elena counters, "That look of yours says it all. It's the same look you gave Alec when you thought something was going on with him and Magnus." "Which there was." "This is not the same case here."
"Sure it isn't," Izzy says. "It's not!" Elena insists, "Geralt is not my type. He's...he's stubborn and emotionally stunted, and just...ugh...he's infuriating. Besides," she looked over at Yennefer, "I don't even think he sees me that way."

"If he did, he wouldn't have been so worried about you letting Simon drink your blood," Isabelle points out, but Elena only scoffed at that, "Thanks for that, by the way," Izzy says, "you didn't have to though, I could've handled it." "You didn't need to handle it, that's the thing," Elena points out, "I know you could've, but you shouldn't have to. Do...do either of our parents about it by the way? What you went through?" "I...I told mom," Izzy admits, "And...she told me about her and Dad...what he did." "Oh," Elena realizes, "...I wanted to tell you, but she made me, Alec, and Jace swear not to say anything when she told us."

"I already knew," Izzy says, "I heard dad talking on the phone and that's when I knew." "Oh, Isabelle," Elena sighs. "Is that why you gave Geralt your chain?" Isabelle asks her. "...I'm so mad at dad," Elena admits, "He hurt mom and he almost dragged Max into it and...what's going to happen?" "I don't know," Isabelle admits, "I know you would us to stay together but...if mom and dad decide to split up, it might be better this way." "I know..." Elena sighs again, "all this family drama added to this pile of shit we have to deal with now."

While the Lightwood sisters were talking, Geralt couldn't help but overhear some of their conversation.
He may have heard the part where Isabelle was under the impression that Elena has feelings for him. Geralt had a hard time believing that was true, especially after the way Elena described him. The shadowhunter in question has, for the most part, has kept her distance from him and when they talked, it either ended with her frowning at him or yelling. None of that mattered to Geralt. It's not like he had feelings for Elena Lightwood...it's not like he didn't worry about her getting hurt or thinking about how he almost kissed her and when he used his magic to heal her in that crypt even though he was nearly exhausted himself. He definitely didn't think about  when he spent those three night with that prostitute how the second night he had her wear Elena's jacket, which still carried her sweet scent.

And he certainly didn't think about what Renfri said about the girl in the woods and how she was his destiny and how the woods is where the Witcher met Elena in the first place. To be fair though, that could've literally been any girl that happened to run into him in the woods, but the fact that this girl happens to be Elena the shadowhunter...

"You keep thinking like that you'll certainly get a headache," Yennefer speaks, interrupting Geralt's thoughts. "Very funny, Yen," Geralt deadpans, "And I wasn't thinking." "No, of course you weren't," Yennefer says, "You certainly weren't thinking about that shadowhunter Elena that's for sure." "Is that jealousy I'm detecting?" Geralt asks. "Not at all," Yennefer contradicts, "If anything, I'd almost pity the poor girl. Not the easiest thing, falling in love with a witcher." "She's not in love with me," Geralt assures, though Yennefer wasn't convinced. The argument those two had earlier was evidence enough that Elena and Geralt had feelings for each other but both were too stubborn to admit it.
And the mage really did feel sorry for Elena to a certain extent. If the shadowhunter really did feel for Geralt in that way, and if they did start something, she feared the outcome of a broken heart from Elena's side; especially is the shadowhunter were to learn about the Witcher's little surprise.