Chapter 15: the Fire Message

--------Shadowhunters dimension: Magnus' loft-------

"Right, I think it's complete," Yennefer says once Magnus finished drawing the symbol on the floor of the main area.
"I think so too," Magnus agrees, "as soon as the others get here, we'll begin the incantation. I hope you remember we only have a limited window once the portal opens so I wouldn't dawdle if I were you."

"Don't worry about me," Yennefer assures, "just make sure you get your part correct. We only have one chance."
Magnus made a mocking smirk at the mage before getting his book open.

"Strange place, your world," Yennefer comments as she looks out the balcony window to gaze at the streets below, "before running into you I didn't even believe this place had magic."

"The majority of people who live in this world are incapable of channeling it," Magnus admits, "and just as many even doubt its existence." "Must be why they went to great lengths to build these ridiculous towers and all those machines,"
Yennefer says, "they adapted without magic...the people you run around with, those so called shadowhunters, they can see magic but it doesn't seem they can channel it."

"Shadowhunters are the blood of the angel," Magnus explains, "their powers come from higher places." "Angel," Yennefer says, "I think I heard that word before back in my world. They are the Nephlim aren't they? Humans who are also part angel. I've heard stories they once walked my world...but they were believed to have vanished thousands of years ago when they drove out the demons that plagued the continent."

"You think shadowhunters once lived in your world?" Magnus asks with skepticism.  "Well like I said, they're just stories, legends if you will," Yennefer shrugs, "and to be honest I didn't really pay that much attention to them."

"What did the Seelies promise you that you were so willing to work with them? Magnus changes the subject, "what do you think could be found here that you couldn't find it in your world?"
Yennefer didn't say anything for a moment but answered vaguely, "...I want to be powerful. More so then I am now."
Magnus narrowed his gaze at Yennefer, wondering about her answer, "I don't know the exact words the Seelie Queen said to you...but you wouldn't find it here. And if you did...it won't make you happy." "It has nothing to do with happiness," Yennefer scoffs. "If you say so," Magnus nods.
"It doesn't matter," Yennefer continues, "not now anyway. I learned a long time ago not to get my hopes up about anything. Right now, I need to put my focus on opening this portal."

Right on cue, Isabelle walked in along with Simon. "Who is this?" Yennefer nods at Simon. "Uh, I'm Simon, Simon Lewis," Simon greets, "and usually people get to know me before addressing me with that tone." "He's coming with us." Isabelle says.
"No, no he's not," Yennefer insists. "Again, get to know me before you hate me," Simon retorts.

"We agreed only two could go through the portal. I'm one of the two," Yennefer points out, "I talked this over with my people," Izzy explains, "time is running out here to look for Valentine and if we're going to do that, and bring back Elena, we'll need all the help we can get."
"But you-" "we'll make it happen," Magnus assures, grabbing the book and addressing Yennefer, "Simon and Isabelle will go through first. We can keep the portal open that long."

Yennefer sighed in annoyance but knew she was outvoted.
The mage turns a glaring gaze to Magnus, "if I am unable to hold the portal open from my side, the blame will not fall on me."

"Duly noted," Magnus deadpans, "let's begin shall we?" "After you," Yennefer says.

Magnus stood in front of the symbol he drew on the ground and began to recite the incantation from the book as Yennefer began to summon chaos.

"I still can't believe you want me to go on this venture," Simon whispers to Izzy, "I'm uh, I'm kinda flattered you trust me enough to help you find your sister." "Well seeing you're a vampire with super speed and heightened senses who can also walk in sunlight now, I figured that would be useful," Izzy point out, "also we couldn't spare anyone else to help his out, as far as we're concerned  the Clave still doesn't know about this. Alec is keeping it that way as long as possible."