Chapter 16: An Unusual Reunion

----------Witcher's dimension: a town----------------

"So are we any closer to finding Elena?" Simon questions, "Because, even though I have fairly heightened senses I'm not convinced she's anywhere around here." "She was here," Isabelle says, still using her tracking rune and the ripped sleeve to locate her sister. So far, tracking in this manner had led the search party to a town of some sort.

"She was here," Isabelle confirms, "it's been some time since, but she was definitely here...along with something else." "Like what?" Simon frowns. Izzy did a quick search around certain parts of the town before coming back to Simon and Yennefer. "There was a demon attack recently," she says. "That's not possible," Yennefer says, "Last time anyone's ever claimed to even see a demon was probably thousands of years ago."

"Trust me, I know," Isabelle says with determination, "I've done this long enough to know." "Well what else could be we use for proof?" Simon quips in.

Right on cue, the three hear singing coming from the tavern. The voice was quickly recognized by Yennefer, "Oh no," she grumbles, "Not him again." "Who him?" Simon asks confused. "Hey, listen," Isabelle speaks up, "The lyrics." Simon listened closely to what Izzy was talking about, "Demon slayer?" the day-lighter vampire frowns, "you don't think...?" 

Isabelle ran towards the inn to investigate.  Yennefer and Simon follow suit.

Inside, Jaskier had just finished his singing as more of the people inside gathered around. Coins tossed and collected, the bard was fixing to order some ale when he bumped into the shadowhunter.

"Ow," Jaskier rubbed where his shoulder where he bumped, "that was..." he looked up to see the strange woman he ran into, "unexpected. Hello, sorry about that I wasn't quite looking where I was going." Isabelle smiled a bit, "No worries," she assures, "I just heard your song. Really travels through walls. You have a beautiful voice." "Oh...you like my singing huh?" Jaskier smirks getting all cocky, "I have been told on more then one occasion my singing is quite, uh, beautiful. People call me Jaskier. What shall I call you, my good lady?"

"Way out of your league that what it is," Yennefer quips as she joins in the conversation. "Oh no," Jaskier grumbles. "You two know each other?" Simon asks, also joining in. "A little too well unfortunately," Jaskier nods. "Well if it makes you feel any better, the feeling is mutual," Yennefer sasses back, "I have to say, I can swear I might see a gray hair or two since we last met." Jaskier got all kinds of flustered at that insult.

"Hey, that song of yours you were singing not too long ago," Simon steps in, "It was actually kind of catchy." "Oh, I see we have an enthusiast here," Jaskier observes. "I might dabble a bit," Simon admits, "Although my work can't quite possibly compare to yours." "Well.." Jaskier croons a bit, "That is true." Yennefer rolled her eyes at that. "Simon does have a point here," Izzy agrees, adding to the sweet talk, "I was wondering, what exactly can you tell us about this demon slayer." 

Before the bard could answer, Isabelle felt someone slap her butt, "Nice arse," the random drunken man says, "Maybe for some coin and a smile, you could show me your tits too."
"Excuse me one moment," Isabelle has Jaskier hold that though before grabbing that rude drunk man by the arm and lightly breaking his wrist, causing him to scream in pain, "maybe next time keep these to yourself," she sweetly threatens.
"Well done," Yennefer claps as the man stumbles back. "Now you were saying about the demon slayer," Isabelle continues.
"oh, where to begin," Jaskier says, shaking off what just happened before beginning to weave the tale of how he was almost killed by a horde of demons when the mysterious demon slayer showed up from nowhere and saved him.

"Yeah, yeah, skipping to the part of her last know whereabouts," Yennefer interrupts. "Well, if you must know...I actually have no idea," Jaskier admits, "But I wouldn't worry too much. Geralt has been taking a liking to her." Yennefer's eyes widen a bit at that information. "Uh, who?" Isabelle frowns. "You don't know?" Jaskier seemed shocked, "Geralt of Rivia. The White Wolf. And my best friend. He took a job recently with the demon slayer, trying to find a mage to send her back home. You find him, the demon slayer shouldn't be too far behind."