Chapter 52: The Crumbling Barrier

"What are you doing?" Dara asks, noticing Ciri was slowly and quietly opening the door in the guest room.
"I want to see what's going on," Ciri tells him, "Don't worry, we won't be seen."

Ciri peaked through the gap to see Magnus exchange words with the strange woman. She couldn't quite make out what they were saying, but there was something about this woman that Ciri couldn't figure out; the woman carried herself with a certain level of dignity, something that Ciri only saw in her grandmother when she would carry out her royal duties.

But there was something else, and whatever it was Ciri couldn't quite put into words what it was. It felt...unnatural.

Meanwhile the woman, who was actually the Queen of Hell Lilith, as Magnus fixed the potion she requested, turned her gaze to the guest room door. Some kind of energy was coming from the part of the apartment; the demon mother couldn't make out what it was exactly, but it was an old energy, something she hadn't felt before.
Lilith felt drawn to this strange source of energy.

Ciri noticed the woman's gaze, how it intensified looking in her direction. The young girl's eyes widen as she begin to see vision of flaming demonic monsters and red skies; she began to hear incoherent voices as well.
"What are you?" she heard a female voice ask; whether the question was directed at her Ciri couldn't tell.

"Ciri?" Dara tries to get Ciri's attention. He pulled her away from the door, which was right at the time Magnus finished brewing his potion and giving it to Lilith, bringing the woman's attention back to him.

"An hour before he drinks this, you must add one last ingredient," Magnus instructs, "A tiny sliver of your soul." "My soul? Why?" Lilith asks confused. "Well, you are the object of his affection," Magnus explains, "In order for the elixir to work, it must contain a trace of you. You do know how to perform an extraction, don't you?"
"Of course," Lilith says with a smile. Magnus hands Lilith the potion vial, but not before snapping his fingers, allowing the blue potion to glow.
"Thank you, Mr. Bane. You really are a true lifesaver," Lilith says before exiting the apartment.

"Who....who was that?" Ciri asks when she and Dara walk out of the guest room. "A friend of a friend," the warlock tells her, "nothing to worry about, rest assured."

---------------Meanwhile on the other side of the world-----------------

Out in the mountainous region between Switzerland and France, several hikers were out in the daylight, minding their own business and admiring the scenery.
While doing so, a dragonid monster with wings swooped in out of nowhere, grabbing one of the poor hikers in its talons and taking off into the sky.

In Venice Italy, a local was out shopping at a local market. When walking down one of the canals, the local did not notice he was being followed by creatures under the water. Suddenly, the drowners grabbed the local by the legs and dragged him into the water, no one there to witness the scene.

In Poland, a couple was out for a jog when strange noises stopped them on their path. A large wooden like creature ambushed the couple, taking them into its roots and dragging them into the woods.   

--------------New York Institute--------------

Back at the Institute, Alec sat in his office, doing his best to stay awake. After that bout with that monster vampire and in his drunk state, both him and Elena had used Iratze runes hoping to speed up the sobering process.
It worked, but it didn't exactly rid either of the twins of the hangover that followed.

"Here, this might help," Elena says, walking in with a glass water and a seltzer. Alec gladly accepted. "Next time we need to lure a vampire with alcohol we let someone else be bait," Alec says, accepting the medicine, "or flip a coin...or draw straws." "Agreed," Elena nods, sipping from her own water glass, "at least this wasn't the Owl we were dealing with this time."