Epilogue

The sun is shining brightly on this warm summer morning. Groaning I sit up to find two boys standing in my room, with expressions that remind me of deer caught in headlights. Why does this seem so familiar?

"I swear you two will be the death of me!"

"I promise you we did not look into your underwear drawer or draw a mustache on your face" Jake says jumping into my bed.

"Then what did you do this time?" I ask glaring at him. He pushes me over in the bed.

"We did nothing, just wanted to be the first people you saw on this very special day" Dylan answers. He climbs into the bed with us.

"And why is this day so special?" I question even though I know the answer.

"It's July 30th! And on this day seventeen years ago the best sister in the world was born!"

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY ROSE!" They say in unison as they squish me in between their arms.

"Aww thanks boys!"

Placing a kiss on each of their cheeks, I climb out of bed.

"Wait!" Jake shouts sprinting in front of me so I can't get out of my room.

"What?"

His phone buzzes in his pocket so he holds up one finger as if to say wait a minute. After reading whatever text he got, Jake moves away from the door.

"Never mind, go ahead."

Giving him a quizzical look, I head to the bathroom to brush my teeth. When I return to my room to change and do my hair and make up, they are gone.

I turn on my music and open up the window since it's so nice out. Then I curl my hair, put on a light layer of make up, and change into my spaghetti strapped black romper. I put a colorful necklace on and then pull out some gladiator shoes for later. I know Dylan wants to take me out for lunch since we didn't actually get to go out on our sixth month the other day. Unfortunately, Lily got sick and Debra couldn't stay home to watch her so we got stuck doing it. I wouldn't have minded if she wasn't puking every twenty minutes.

"Rose breakfast!" Dad calls from downstairs.

"Coming!"

I take one last glance in the mirror before making my way downstairs. Everything looks perfect for the lunch date. It has to be, I'm going to say I love you to him for the first time. Dylan hasn't said it yet but he's been hinting at it. Like he will say "I love your eyes" or stuff like that. So today I'm going to take the big step and say it. Hopefully he won't freak out.

I enter the kitchen expecting to see two boys sitting at the island but instead I see six people sitting at the table.

"Oh my god!" I say covering my mouth in shock.

"Hey Rose" Alex says nonchalantly. Will, with his mouth full of food, nods his head and Riley waves at me.

"How is this possible?!"

"Well as a birthday gift I flew the three of them over here" Dad explains.

"First class would have been nice" Will adds as he gets up.

"Oh shut up and give me a hug!"

One by one I give each of them a long hug. They say happy birthday to me in the embrace. Will holds me the tightest, but Alex picks me up and spins me around. Riley and I start to tear up a little when we hug.

"I've missed you guys so much."

"Well sit, the food is going to get cold!"

I take a seat in between Dylan and Riley. He places a hand on my leg which causes me to smile. I fill my plate with eggs, bacon, and some toast.